• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

fitsou

First Post
Some thinks doesn't work in this version..
ability mods
Race traits
Thats what i found out in a quick review.

Also could you add an option in the 3rd page to swap the extra equipment with the Combat Rules?
so that way it will have a larger variaty.
with the laterst update i will have to choose to see my manauvers or the combat rules, what i would like is to have both and i think with my idea we can achive that!

Keith Tyler II

First Post
v6.8 Racial information not displaying

In the latest version the racial information is not filling in.

Awesome job on the sheets though. I have required my entire group to use these character sheets and they love them as well

Thanks for the hard work.

Headbomb

First Post
I ran into the problem with Abilities and Racial Traits. This has something to do with the order in which things are declared.

If I declare attributes before race, things work. Race before attributes, the attributes mod don't get calculated.

Racial traits never show up no matter what. Also, if you choose your class, and then your race, all class feat are erased/lost.

Thank you all for letting me know about the errors! I made a mistake with the new print button that stopped calculation after using it. That's what caused the freeze of ability scores.

I also, somehow, deleted a single character in the race function and it stopped working halfway through. Thus it deleted some things, but didn't update anything :p

Both things are fixed in v6.9.
[MENTION=6798533]Keith Tyler II[/MENTION]: Great to hear you got other people hooked on these sheets as well ;)

Thus the newest version is Character Sheet v6.9 (14-7-2015), with the following changelog:
- Corrected error with racial features not loading (thanks fitsou and Keith Tyler II for noticing)
- Fixed bug with calculations being stopped after using the new print button
- Added the option to swap the Extra Equipment section on the third page for a Rules section (as suggested by fitsou) So now it is possible to have both notes and combat rules on the third page!

This last one was especially time-consuming :p

Headbomb

First Post
The Fighting Style > Defense of Fighters does not correctly give the +1 to AC while wearing armor. When that's the case, the base AC of all armors should be increased by 1.

Also the "hidden" +1 to hit modifier does not work on weapons. It seems to take the hidden + to damage for both the + to hit and + to damage.

Last edited:

[MENTION=6797480]Headbomb[/MENTION]: Great catch on the bluetext to hit modifiier. That bug has been in there for some time and I totally missed it (I had to change 2 characters in the code :p). This simple fix is found in v6.91.

As for the defense fighting style: It does add the +1, but just to a Misc AC box. If both your Misc AC are already full, it doesn't add anything. This is because I want to have people see where their AC comes from. Adding a +1 to all the armors is not that easily implemented but could theoretically be done.

Headbomb

First Post
Ah, I see it now. Guess I wasn't paying attention, or did something else so that it didn't display. I'll keep an eye on it. I prefer it on the Armor itself so it frees up the Misc. slots, but it's fine on the Misc. slots too.

However, the current implementation is not perfect. The AC bonus will also be applied when you wear mage armor, or even wear no armor at all! Which is why I think it's better to boost the base AC armor of the relevant armors (everything below and including "padded" in the list of selectable armors), or something similar.

Last edited:

I think it is unlikely for a character with the defense fighting style to not be wearing armor by default (of course there will be moments with different or no armor, but almost nobody will fill that out as their AC on the character sheet, I figure). Because of that, and because it is lot of code for such a minor addition, I feel like it would be better to focus on getting main features implemented (like the other classes).

Anybody besides fitsou willing to contribute to the class features descriptions?

Headbomb

First Post
I think it's quite likely. I know for a fact that most of the members of my party remove their armor every night so they can sleep (those of us that wear medium or heavier, at least). My character casts Mage Armor before going to sleep just so he has some protection if ambushed/surprised at night, while he normally wears a half plate during the day.

But that is what I mean with 'of course there will be moments with different or no armor, but almost nobody will fill that out as their AC on the character sheet'. There will be moments that your character is not wearing armor, but that is not what you will have listed on your character sheet. Or do you have a digital copy of your character sheet open during play, that you change every time for this kind of things?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads