• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E MPMB's D&D 5e Character Tools

Spellsheet 4.011
I added Warlock level 7 and chose Great Old Ones. It then shows me my list of automatic spells.(...)
Hi Tedrion, thanks for posting your question. I think you are confusing the spells granted by a Warlock's Pact with spells that are known/prepared automatically (such as the Cleric's domain spells). A Warlock gets a number of spells added to the spell list where he can choose his spells from (this feature is called "Extended Spell List"). The spells granted by a Pact are not just added to your known spell list, you still have to pick them and they do count towards the number of spells you can know. See PHB page 108-110 at all three entries of "Extended Spell List".

Because of this, the spell sheet doesn't automatically add the spells to your spells known, but they are added to the spells you can pick from. Hope this explains it!

I updated the sheet to a newer version, this time tackling the often-requested automation of the equipment section :)

Character Sheet/Generator v7.2 (9-8-2015) with the following changelog:
- Added the options to add Adventuring Gear and Tools to the Equipment menu on the second page
- Added a menu for every line in both equipment sections that allows you to:
. o Move it up
. o Move it down
. o Move it to the other equipment section
. o Move it to the other column
. o Insert an empty line
. o Delete the line (and move the rest up)
. o Clear the line’s values

Last edited:

leonarr

Explorer
I love this sheet; my whole group gave an, "oooh pretty!" when I put my character sheets on the table. And then demanded the URL.

Great job dude.

Astromath

First Post
Would it be possible to add a randomizer button for height & weight as well as a checkbox for English system or Metric system? The purpose of the button would be for those of us who are too lazy to come up with our own numbers.

Another suggestion: Link the max hp field to the Adventurer's League button because AL does not randomize hp, but uses the average (plus Con mod and any other bonuses, e.g. Toughness feat, racial feature, etc.).

When the AL is not checked, have a randomizer button will show up which would be linked to Level (assuming that a randomizer function is possible). Again, it would be for those of us who are too lazy to roll our own dice.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
I intend to finish the proofreading shortly. I noticed that the wild shape limits of druids were horribly miscalculated, so I fixed that, too. Circle of the Land was only wrong at Lv3, but Circle of the Moon was egregiously wrong at almost every level. Don't forget to fix the Limited Feature section after you get the fixed classes document. Anyway, I had to stop by to drop a few notes.

Athinar: You can just ignore the whole encumbrance section except the highest number. That's seriously all that the "main" encumbrance rule is. The "variant" rule is the one in which encumbrance actually matters and makes logical differences. The "main" rule is just, "Eh, whatever. If you're carrying less than your absolute maximum, IDGAF."

Headbomb: Nice suggestion on the HP rework! I didn't get to use it enough to have an issue, but I'm gonna' really appreciate this fix, now.

Astromath: You really need to find some way to read the tooltips. If you could see the tooltips, you'd see that hovering over the age, height, and weight sections gives you the die rolls to randomize the height and weight, as seen on page 121 of the rulebook, and the flavor text for each, as seen in the individual race descriptions. Oddly enough, the descriptors in the flavor text don't always quite match up with the randomization, but that's splitting hairs.
As for rolling your HP for you, though, really? This is a d20 game. You should be willing to roll /something/ on your own. ._.

MPMB: Gladiator is still coded in as a background option; it's just no longer on the drop list. It should be listed as an entertainer routine.
I know that I asked about this before, but, at this point, is it still unreasonable for Stone's Endurance to be added to the Limited Features section?
On the matter of actions, for druids, "Revert from Wild Shape" in bonus actions seems appropriate. Players from previous versions are likely to forget and think that reverting is still a standard action.
Could you loosen up the keyword requirements on casters? Arctic, Coast, Desert, Forest, Grassland, Mountain, Swamp, Underdark, and Moon anywhere in the druid section of someone's class should fill in the appropriate Circle details for druids, for instance.
The up and down arrows next to the skills are for advantage and disadvantage, right? Could you maybe have a tooltip show up to say so when someone mouses over them?
My group loves this sheet. My DM said that his only gripe is that you have to read it on the computer first, or else you have no idea what the "PROF" and "EXP" labels on the right side of the first page are. They're too small to be read on paper. I think that the advantage/disadvantage boxes can't really be made any bigger, but could you put a single, large label of "PROF" and "EXP" over those boxes on the right, rather than having itty-bitty labels over each individual box?
You made the equipment section more user-friendly. I could kiss you.

EDIT: Oh, right! Quite importantly, there appears to be something amiss with your 7.2 downloads. When I try to download them, I get a virus (Avast blocks it, of course.), and, when I retry, the connection to enworld.org resets. What happened?

ALSO EDIT: It comes to my attention that the Bear totem spirit gives you resistance to all damage except psychic, but the resistances section doesn't list the exception. I assume that this is due to space concerns. This is very frustrating, because it seems like there's no solution. What about this, though? What if we added the text, "except psychic", into the second box? It wouldn't be a very pretty fix, but, geez, it seems like there's no other way to properly denote it.

I really don't want to double-post, so I'm gonna' keep editing: I'm encountering a glitch in which adding levels sometimes causes class features to be listed again in stead of being updated. I'm currently looking at a bard with two instances of Bardic Inspiration at Lv5. The first still says that it's a d6. The limited features reflects the d8 one. I'll keep an eye out for more specifics, from now on.

Another major thing: Death clerics do 5 + double their levels in extra necrotic damage with Touch of Death, not just double their levels. Yeah, insane, right? I already fixed that for ya', too.

Last edited:

Astromath

First Post
Sorry about that. I didn't think that the height & weight had tooltips.

But, still, what about linking the max hp to the Adventurer's League toggle for Adventurer's League legal max hp? Adventurer's League is a huge, huge thing in the US. In fact, many of the conventions here that have 5e tables are Adventurer's League only and you not allowed to bring in a non-AL character. That's also why, in my opinion, when the Adventurer's League toggle is active, in the using the point buy method for ability scores, to change the color of the point buy total to a different color (usually red) until the total is reached. Over where you live, you probably don't have any Adventurer's League games being played, so AL is not a high priority for you, but, as I said, AL over here is almost exclusively played at the game stores and conventions. There's even more backgrounds available but are campaign specific to what season of Encounters and Expeditions being played. Season 2 included new backgrounds for Mulmaster and the upcoming season 3 includes backgrounds for playing in and around Hillsfar. However, I'm not asking for those backgrounds to be added because of their exclusivity. You probably don't have access to them anyway. Though, if you did include those backgrounds, I would suggest linking those backgrounds to the Adventurer's League toggle so they don't show up for homebrew play (unless the homebrew play is Forgotten Realms and in those areas).

Now onto a new problem. When you have a quaterstaff in the attack section and you have Outlander selected as a background, the equipment section adds the staff twice giving the character 2 quarterstaffs.

Question: Will you be adding anything from the Sword Coast Adventurer's Guide when it comes out in a month or so? (Release date is first week of November, but most game stores will get it the last week of September) On the other hand, if you think it is too specific for homebrew, probably not.

Noah Ivaldi

First Post
Astromath: That's probably because the outlander background-granted staff is not a quarterstaff. It's a walking stick. I'm not entirely sure where the line is drawn, but the intent is for it to be an accessory that can be used as an improvised weapon when desperate, not a main weap.

MPMB: The Wild Shape description was wrong on several points, too, like skill and save proficiencies. I'll talk about Wild Shape in another post to clarify some things . . . eventually.

Headbomb

First Post
"I switched the Current Max HP and Temporary HP fields"

I took a look, and yes, this is much better / less confusing.

"I've done the same tooltip reference for race and background, so I think it is not too much of a break in style to leave it in the tooltip for feats as well."

It's not a break in style, sure, but it's just useful to have if you printed your sheets. Can't have tooltips there.

"Apart from the exhaustion-effect, would this be something that is used often? Or would it be better to but something like this next to the Attacks per Action circle?"

Well I don't think anyone's going to use them for very short term circumstantial situations, like doing a ranged attack within 5 feet of someone / flanking someone. But there's many conditions that give you advantage/disadvantage on attacks for something on top of exhaustion. E.g. if someone casts True Strike, that's something they'll want to remember when their next turn comes up. Probably things related to fear effects as well. Attack per Action circle might be a good place to include those boxes if you don't want them in the To Hit box.

"It might be something I'll do for a future update but I don't really see it as a priority."

Looking forward to it.

Last edited:

marioinfinity

First Post
Hey,

Your generator is being flagged by Avast as a virus. The Javascript function for the pdfka is flagged as bad. :( -- I did submit it to Avast but if you download/save you have to have it off or it'll destroy the form totally. I dunno how long it takes to unflag with one submission but as the creator perhaps contacting them could also get it allowed. :)

Also; the import/export doesn't seem to work with Acrobat DC (the newest version).

Few thing's I've also noticed:
Cleric's LR/SR abilities are missing for domains (the one i noticed was the Tempests Wrath of the Storm)
Cannot modify the Damage to weapon attacks to include Divine Strike from Clerics. (It's an always on ability for the first weapon attack, it would be nice if the "Modifier" for the form would let you include more than 7 characters - ie: if it shows 1D10 and you want to add the +1d8 it only lets you type 1D10+1D in the modifier field)

Remove ads