• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mr. & Mrs. Smith [Spoilers]

John Crichton

First Post
Saw it tonight.

For pure specticle it was a very fun movie. The premise is absurd and could have easily been a bad movie. Actually, when I first saw the trailer for it I thought that it looked awful and that there was no way I was going to see it in the theater. Then I found out that Doug Liman was directing it. I loved Swingers & Go (Bourne Identity was solid as well) so just based on the director that really got my attention.

Brad Pitt was great. Funny when needed and really set a great tone in every scene. I think the best part of the movie was simply that it was different from other summer big budget flicks. There was no real identifiable bad guy. The couple had center stage the entire time and that really worked. The chemistry was pitch perfect between the two. They obviously wanted more than what they had but still really liked what they did. And while it's not a deep movie it is an interesting take on "relationships." The couple love each other and will literally kill to protect the other.

On a 10 point scale I give it an 8. Pure fun, wink wink funny and a smoking hot female lead: what else do ya need? :)

Darthjaye

First Post
Yeah, this movie exceeded my expectations too. I thought it would be okay and was really surprised at the way they gelled together on screen. If these two aren't an item I can clearly see where some would get the misconception. It was also nice (as you pointed out) that there was no clear cut good guys in this movie. It's a nice unrealistic ride that i think earns a good 8-9 rating. I found no point in this movie where I was bored. FWIW I'm a bigger Jolie fan than I was before. She's in my top ten.

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
I loved it, I thought it was well paced with good dialog and character interaction. I too think it has been the best movie I have seen to-date this year.

Last edited:

Rackhir

Explorer
Darthjaye said:
... was really surprised at the way they gelled together on screen. If these two aren't an item I can clearly see where some would get the misconception.

Ah, you must be fortunate enough to have escaped noticing all the tabloid hype (I'll bet you don't shop for food in supermarkets), Jolie has in fact "stolen" Brad from Jenifer Aniston. No misperception there.

Last edited:

ruaalien2

First Post
It was a lot better then I expect it to be. I enjoyed it and it is something that I would see again *and will have to seeing as how I saw it without BrooklynKnight* I give it a 8-8.5 on a scale of 1-10.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads