• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mulitiple Attacks

oceana

First Post
second attempt to post.

Bah being new here is tough, not even the website wants me to post.

I use e-tools to create my character, when I leveled my character up to 6th level it gave me two numbers under to hit (ie +9/4). I assume this means my character gets two attacks. Is this the case? If not what do these numbers mean? If it is 2 attacks is it every round? When do these attacks happen in the round? Could someone please let me know where to look in the rule books to explain the rules to these multi attacks? What is the basis for these attacks? Weapon size? Skill? Class?

Thanks

Mystendanian

First Post
yes, your character gets two attacks, provided he/she takes a full-round action. That rule is on pg 123 of the 3.0 PHB.

The Base Attack Bonus is spelled on out pg 22 of the 3.0 PHB.

I'm relatively new here as well but every time I've posted I've had a lot of good responses. I've found it to be one of the best sites out there - hopefully you'll find a home here too.

Myst

jgsugden

Legend
Yes. You have two attacks now when taking a full round action (which basically means that you can do nothing other than free actions and move 5' during that round).

This would be a good time to reread the PHB combat sections. If you get a second attack at 6th level and are using E-tools, it means that you are a fighter, paladin, ranger or barbarian. Those classes really benefit from a good understanding of how combat works. It may be a hassle, but it will make the game a lot more fun. :)

Nail

First Post
Multiple attacks: For every +5 of BAB, you get an extra attack.

BAB: +5 = 1 attack
+6 = 2 attacks: +6/+1

+10 = 2 attacks: +10/+5
+11 = 3 attacks: +11/+6/+1

Nail

First Post
From the SRD:

Base Attack Bonus: Add the base attack bonuses acquired for each class to get the character’s base attack bonus. A resulting value of +6 or higher provides the character with multiple attacks.

Last edited:

oceana

First Post
Yes now would be a great time to reread the books, but alas our gaming group is for new parents without a bunch of reading time. I read them a while back but if i cant find information in under a few min i gotta give up before my 8 month old starts ripping at the pages or eating my minis.

Thank you all so much

Kae'Yoss

First Post
oceana said:
Yes now would be a great time to reread the books, but alas our gaming group is for new parents without a bunch of reading time. I read them a while back but if i cant find information in under a few min i gotta give up before my 8 month old starts ripping at the pages or eating my minis.

Thank you all so much

Hee hee hee. Parents and children learning D&D together. They'll pick things up, count on it. Before they turn 6, they'll be better at the game then you :D

To answer another question (or rather questions) about multiple attacks you haven't asked yet: Whenever you want to make more than one attack in a round, you have to take the full attack action, a standard action doesn't suffice. It doesn't matter where the other attacks come from, so have to take the full attack option to use all the attacks your BAB grants you (+6 or higher), when you want to attack with two weapons, or when you use feats like Rapid Shot.
You can make one attack and decide whether you want to walk or keep on attacking after that first attack. You can also take your 5-ft step between your attacks (but not between a regular attack and a cleave).
Cleave is a feat that lets you get a free attack against another foe when you drop one foe (so you practicall fell one foe and harm another with the same attack). This counts as one attack, so you can walk up on someone, take the standard action to attack, fell him, and hit the guy beside him (but, as I said, you can't use the 5-ft-step with cleave).
Cleave lets you have one of these free attacks per round, and with Great Cleave, you can cleave away as much as you want.

And BTW: Congratulations to all the new parents and kids involved, both for being new parents or kids and for picking up this exciting new hobby!

De Arco

First Post
To continue the question... :)

What occurs if you are fighting with two weapons (or a double weapon) and gain the extra attack at 6th level? Assume you have ambidexterity and two weapon fighting. Base attack bonuses only please.

Kae'Yoss

First Post
You now have a BAB of +6/+1. You could make one attack at +6, two attacks with one weapon at +6/+1, or use both weapons at +4/-1 and +4 (assuming light offhand weapon, or double weapon). Improved Two-Weapon Fighting will give you +4/-1 and +4/-1 (in 3.5e, TWD includes the benefits of ambidexterity, and Improved TWF is available with BAB +6)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads