• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multi-armed races for PCs

Viashimo

First Post
Hi, I was thinking about making a multi-armed fighter and the only race I could find that was suitable is the Thri-kreen (+1 or +2 LA), and I was wondering if anybody else knows of other races suitable for this sort of character deal.

Thanks

Machiavelli

First Post
I rather like the one in the Dragon Compendium, called the diopsid. It's very insectile, with six limbs and a carapace worth +4 natural AC. Its limbs are divided into two legs, a strong pair of arms, and a weak pair. You could wield 2 greatswords like 2 one-handers, or one greatsword and a shield, with a hand free for something like a wand.
You also get +2 Con, which makes up for the low hitpoints. The race, in my opinion, is well worth a +1 LA.

My favorite idea is to have a diopsid Ranger 4/ Fighter 4/ Barbarian X with the Power Attack, Cleave, Leap Attack [CAdv], Craft Wand, Two-weapon Fighting, and Double Wand Wielder [CArc] feats, as well as a single scythe. Spend 1 round casting Hunter's Mercy (1 charge) and Truestrike (uses 2 charges), then rage and leap attack for a full power attack critical. The trick with this idea is how to progress the feats... I'm working on it.

Last edited:

Simm

First Post
There's also the Three-Kreen from XPH. the +2 LA and 2 HD hurt, but you get +30 to jump which is just cool.

Flynn

First Post
atomn said:
There's one in Mythical Races but I don't have it with me right now.

You are speaking of Siarrans. You can find information about them here:

Siarrans have the following racial traits:
-- +2 to Dexterity, -2 to Constitution. Siarrans are agile and quick, but their thin stature makes them more easily hurt.
-- Medium-size. As Medium-size creatures, siarrans have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.
-- Speed: Base land speed is 30 feet.
-- Weak Lower Arms: A siarran's lower arms are thinner than his upper arms and do not benefit as much from the muscles throughout the torso. As a result, a siarran's lower arms suffer a -2 penalty to Strength.
-- Additional Feats: Siarrans may select any of the following feats as general feats whenever they are allowed to learn a new one: Greater Multiweapon Fighting, Improved Multiweapon Defense, Improved Multiweapon Fighting, Multidexterity, Multiweapon Defense, Multiweapon Fighting. The siarran must still meet the requirements. A siarran fighter may choose any of these feats as a Bonus Fighter feat.
-- Automatic Languages: Common and Siarran. Bonus Languages: Any (other than secret languages, such as Druidic).
-- Favored Class: Any. When determining whether a multiclass siarran suffers an XP penalty, his highest-level class does not count. Siarrans pursue a number of skills and professions, and they show aptitude in a wide variety of abilities.
-- Level Adjustment: +0

Hope this helps,
Flynn

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads