• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multi Class Monk

prodawg

First Post
I know that the PHB prohibits monks from multiclassing purely from a flavor standpoint. My questions is, how unbalancing would it be to allow a monk to freely multiclass?

Crothian

First Post
Monks lose a lot by multi classing. the UBAB does not improve, the speed and AC bonuses stay the same, and they lose out an all the good high level abilities. So, no i don't think it unbalances anything, it in fact weakens the monk more then helps.

sinmissing

First Post
I have played a multi class monk, and have DM's a multiclass monk. The class neither makes or breaks the D&D game, when allowed to multi. I've seen some great combinations, such as psiwar/monk, sor/monk, and druid/monk, but none of the combinations have been so awesome that it was end all of character class combinations.

I also feel the same way about the paladin. . . .

Crothian

First Post
Wizards has stated that thew multi class restriction for Paladins and Monks is a flavor thing and not a balance issue. So, having them multi class is not going to kill your campaign.

Remove ads