Multi-Forcefield+Enchanted Damage Induction = surpass Uber-Power Attack?

Deinos

First Post
So I've heard discussions that suggest chargin' pouncin' two handed power attackin' trumps all things in IH, but wouldn't Enchanted Damage Induction (reduce all damage to the enchantment bonus of the weapon) be a great answer to such, especially with Force Field? Or do Damage Reduction and Damage Induction not count for Force Field's ablative HP? (If so, it seems Force Field's main use is protecting against Astro/Siphon/etc Blasts and Storms and such)

Force golems are described as being immune to magic and having something almost identical to Enchanted Damage Induction vs weapon attacks... however, force golems take VASTLY less damage from natural attacks (maximum of 6 per hit) while, apparently, being able to be easily destroyed by anything that is not a weapon or a spell. Is this intentional, or should they just have Enchanted Damage Induction?

Only problem is of course [Astro], how does one protect against being "erased from reality" (Cosmic String?) and in what circumstances would I rather deal boatloads of damage to someone with Antimatter than to erase them from reality outright? I notice that being erased from reality is described as a form of damage, so that would suggest that a currently active Force Field or Enchanted Damage Induction power would save you?

Belzamus

First Post
That sounds like it would work to me, never thought of that. Good to have a counter to it. And the reason PA is so insane is both the PA tree AND Ultimate Weapon Specialization AND Perfect Critical Multiplier, which gives you things like Orthru's 312:1 ratio, compounded by his 45% chance of critting and turning it into 4,000:1 or so. (yikes!) EDI would be an excellent counter to such tactics.

For [Astro], well...Abrogate, of course. :p Stuff like Multidimensional, 7th/8th/9th sense, Sophism/Invincibility, Interdimsional, Transmigration, and Learned Ability Immunity should also be sufficient as counters. Doesn't stop Khorvanis from using it with impunity, though. :p (that would be WHILE he's pummeling you with 300 attacks and 50 spells per round. :p) After all, you can't Abrogate everything.

Deinos

First Post
Oh yeah, and swarm traits is an ability that even "mere" gods can obtain to make themselves immune to regular hand to hand attacks as well.

Belzamus

First Post
At the expense of role playing, sure. I mean, yeah, you have insect gods or weird Far Realm swarmy entities, but really, how many gods are really going to choose to appear as a swarm?

Though...a massive hive-minded cosmic entity composed of hextillions of individual units would be kind of neat. Nearly omniscient, self-replicating, possibly jumping between dimensions, hmm...ideas, ideas.

Or...a god of weapons. Sword swarm. Heh.

Deinos

First Post
At the expense of role playing, sure. I mean, yeah, you have insect gods or weird Far Realm swarmy entities, but really, how many gods are really going to choose to appear as a swarm?

Don't forget gods of pestilence!

Its not for everyone, and in fact, its not for anyone who doesn't have a huge amount of druid levels. It is kind of interesting that there are basically two "paths" for druids, one is by abusing the hell out of chimerical, metamorph, etc. etc. and another is by using stuff like swarm traits, moonstruck and star struck. (whcih don't, afaik, apply when shapeshifted)

Though...a massive hive-minded cosmic entity composed of hextillions of individual units would be kind of neat. Nearly omniscient, self-replicating, possibly jumping between dimensions, hmm...ideas, ideas.

Or...a god of weapons. Sword swarm. Heh.

Those are both good ideas.

Remove ads