• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multi-headed template?

IcyCool

First Post
Could someone post the details of the multi-headed template or tell me what book it is in? I can't get to the wizard's site, or I'd go snag it myself.

Thanks.

Scharlata

First Post
Hi!

IcyCool said:
Could someone post the details of the multi-headed template or tell me what book it is in? I can't get to the wizard's site, or I'd go snag it myself.

WotC and Owen K.C. Stephens said:
Multiheaded Creatures
Creating a Multiheaded Creature
"Multiheaded" is a template that can be added to any corporeal creature with a discernable head. Animals with this template become beasts, but otherwise their type remains unchanged. If the base creature has different types of heads (such as a chimera), determine a specific type for each head. (Special Attacks are determined by head type in these cases.) Up to seven heads may be added to a base creature. Multiheaded creatures use all the base creature's statistics and special abilities except as noted below.
Hit Dice: Each additional head adds 2 HD to the base creature.
AC: Increase natural armor by +1 per additional head.
Attack: Creatures with bite or gore attacks gain one additional bite or gore attack per additional head.
Special Attacks: Base creatures who use weapons gain superior Two-Weapon Fighting. This feat allows them to use two weapons without any penalty to attack or damage. Base creatures with breath weapons or gaze attacks, or who can swallow whole, gain the ability to use that power with each head simultaneously. Special attacks (improved grab, poison, sonic at-tacks) related to a creature's head can be used with all heads at once.
Special Qualities: Multiheaded creatures have darkvision to 90 ft.
Saves: Same as base creature.
Abilities: Base creature's Constitution is increased by +2 per additional head.
Skills: Each additional head grants the creature a +2 racial bonus to Listen, Search and Spot checks. The creature also gains any additional skill points to which its additional Hit Dice would entitle it, according to its type.
Feats: Base creatures with a bite attack gain Weapon Focus (bite) as a bonus feat. The creature also gains any additional feat slots to which its additional Hit Dice would entitle it, according to its type.
Climate/Terrain: Same as base creature
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating:
1 additional head, +2
2-4 additional heads, +3
5-7 additional heads, +4
+1 additional per head-based special attack of base creature
Treasure: As base creature
Alignment: Always chaotic
Advancement: Same as base creature

Or go to: Multiheaded Creature, 3.0, Savage Species, p. 124
Enjoy!