• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiattack... Am I losing my mind?

nak9788

First Post
I could have sworn I read somewhere that if a monster has only 1 attack and takes the Multiattack feat (and yes I AM aware of its prerequistes), that it would instead again an additional attack with its one weapon. I double-checked later (every source I could find) and found that I was wrong.

Am I losing my mind? Does anyone know if there is another feat that allows this (please include source)? Also, what happens if a monster has a base attack bonus that increases to +6. Would it gain an additional attack (with its one weapon)?

This is mainly being asked in regards to Druidic (and Ranger) animal companions who increase in HD (and therefore attack bonus).

NexH

First Post
When a druid gets to 9th his animal companion gains the multiattack feat. If the animal doesn't meet the prequisites then it get an additional attack with its primary weapon, but with a -5 penalty.

There is the feat "Rapidstrike" in the Draconomicon, which lets you get an additional attack with a natural weapon at a -5 penalty. It can only be taken if you have normally at least 2 attacks with that natural weapon.

Normally, increasing the base attack bonus never gives additional natural attacks.

nak9788

First Post
Hey, thanks NexH. The reference to the multiattack as a 9th level druid must have been where I originally read the rule (I can't imagine why I couldn't find it later though).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads