• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclass Feat Clarification

Smurtis

First Post
I need clarification with regards to taking a multiclass feat to gain access for clerics, warlords, bards, etc

Under each multiclass feat, it describes what bonuses you gain. The part that concerns me the most is where it says, for clerics as an example, you can use their Healing Word class feature once per day.

Now, if you go look at the Healing Word power you will see it is normally an encounter power. After reading through it, at the very end it says, "you can use this power twice per encounter"...

My question is:

Does this Healing Word ENCOUNTER power become simply a DAILY power and you can still use it twice in the encounter you choose to use it?

OR

Does the feat only allow you to use the power itself once per day, despite the power states that you can use it twice per encounter?

Right. There is also a subtle but sometimes significant thing to note. The usage type of the power doesn't change. Healing Word is STILL classed as an encounter power for any other rules purpose where it matters. There aren't many, but now and then the distinction matters. You may only get to use it once a day, but rules-wise it doesn't actually become a daily.

Aegeri

First Post
I remember that they clarified this somewhere specifically, but I cannot find where they did so anymore. How frustrating.

None the less, you can only use it once a day just like the feat says. No, you cannot use it twice per encounter.

Remove ads