• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclass Houserule

Quidam

First Post
Many consider multiclassing (particularly paragon multiclassing) to be a rather weak choice. I'm considering suggesting the following house rules for multiclassing & paragon multiclassing. I'm curious if anyone has tried anything similar. Any comments about balance in general are also welcome.

Addition of a feat with the three power swap feats as a prerequisite allowing you to swap an at-will.

Replace the ability to swap an at-will when paragon multiclassing with the ability to choose an additional at-will.

Thanks for your thoughts.

kylone

First Post
Humna multi-classing

I decided to give Humans an edge in multiclassing:
If the Human character uses the racial bonus feat to pick a multiclass feat, he may choose the racial bonus at-will power from the second class.
It does dilute the roles some, but it seems to work.

What are you trying to accomplish?

katahn

First Post
I'm not sure I like the idea of being able to swap at-wills to be used as at-wills. Not because I think it would be too powerful, but mostly because it feels like it dilutes the distinctiveness of the classes involved. I realize that this already somewhat exists in the form of taking a heroic class instead of a paragon path, but realizing that this would be even more of that gives me pause.

May I ask what it is you are specifically trying to accomplish with this house rule?

Remove ads