• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Multiclass query!

BeholderBurger

First Post
Is anybody aware if the new 3.5 edition changes include changes to the apprentice level multi-classing option.

I refer specifically to the sorcerer/Barbarian option which, in my opinion at least, is easily the best 1st Level choice for the crunch addicted, powergamer contingent in my campaign.

We are going to start a Campaign run by one of the players when 3.5 comes out and I want to get my own back!!!!!!

Last edited:

DreamChaser

Explorer
I very highly doubt it. The apprentice level rules only barely made it into 3.0. I would be surprised to see them changed. Heck, I wouldn't be surprised if they were removed all together.

DC

Li Shenron

Legend
BeholderBurger said:
I refer specifically to the sorcerer/Barbarian option which, in my opinion at least, is easily the best 1st Level choice for the crunch addicted, powergamer contingent in my campaign.

Although I agree that the combination makes for nice RP ideas, why do you say it appeals powerplayers? No PP would take XP penalties, so unless you are are a Half-Orc (or some non-core race such as Wild Elf) you could only be 50-50 in the two, which is definitely not powergaming.

glass

(he, him)
Christian said:
Pardon my hijack, but -- Sorcerer/Barbarian? Curiousity overwhelms me-what's the synergy?

I assume BeholderBurger was thinking that level A barbarians and sorcerers basically get all the class abilities of level 1.

IIRC a first level Bar A/Sor A with Bar as primary has 12 + Con bonus, sorcerer spells, and I think they get fast move as well. Admittedly they get fewer spells per day (not known) but still more than Brd 1.

Just my 2 copper peices.

glass.

bret

First Post
Could be a Wild Elf Sorc/Barbarian going for Dragon Disciple. The Dragon Disciple is good for some combat pump, and any time you've got a round before people get to you there is always the True Strike / Power Attack combo.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads