• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

multiple attacks on a charge

paigeoliver

First Post
If you have multiple attacks on a charge do you think that the rules allow them to be split among multiple foes?

My heart says yes, but I don't think the rules actually allow you to make a charge against more than one creature at a time.

Starbuck_II

First Post
If you have multiple attacks on a charge do you think that the rules allow them to be split among multiple foes?

My heart says yes, but I don't think the rules actually allow you to make a charge against more than one creature at a time.
Can you explain how the enemies are set up?

Because you have to end up beside opponent when charge.

paigeoliver

First Post
A charge requires a direct move to the closest square that you can make an attack from. This will often result in a given square being a valid charge for multiple enemies.

Simplest scenario, just imagine all the figures on the battlemat as the figures on a chessboard before any moves have been made.

The warrior with pounce (in one of the pawn positions) charges directly across the battlefield in a straight line. This is a legal charge to enemies in three different squares. So can he only attack a single enemy or can he split his attacks between all three of them.

Vegepygmy

First Post
It depends on the text of the rule that enables you to make more than a single attack on a charge.

Pounce: When a creature with this special attack makes a charge, it can follow with a full attack--including rake attacks if the creature also has the rake ability.

So pounce simply allows you to make a full attack at the end of your charge. It is well established that you can split a full attack among multiple foes, so clearly a creature with pounce can do so as well.

If there were an ability that said something like "when charging, you can attack your foe twice," it might be interpreted as being limited to a single target.

paigeoliver said:
Nothing in the charging rules limits you to a single opponent. It speaks of making a single attack, but of course the pounce ability is an explicit exception to that rule.

Remove ads