• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mundial 'Germany 2006' Divinations

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Costa Rica are ranked 26th, but they have recently only been beating countries beoynd the 42 mark, and losing (or getting a tie) to everyone else. And Germany is Germany.

0:5, Germany wins.

Ecuador has had problems in goal scoring (out of the last 5 games they've failed to score in 3), Poland has a hardworking defence (in last 10 games they've won 5 times without the opponent scoring). And the last time they met Poland won 3-0.

1:2, Poland wins.

MonsterMash

First Post
Germany are not playing that well at the moment, Ballack is out injured and Klose only just back, so I think it will be tighter. Germany 2 : Costa Rica 0

Poland 2 : Ecuador 0 - the game is at sea level and Ecuador have had most of their wins at altitude, Poland will also have a lot of support.

loki44

Explorer
Let's start things off with a bang and a huge upset. I'm going way out on a limb and predicting a draw between Costa Rica and Germany in the opening match, 1-1. Costa Rica will score early on a flukey play and fall into defensive mode. Germany will equalize late but will not score again. Opening matches are notoriously close and, while not a sure bet, there's enough history to support the possibility.

Poland 2, Ecuador 0 sounds about right to me.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Germany did pretty much as I had excepted, but boy did Costa Rica surprise me. Up until the last fifteen minutes it seemed as if they actually had a chance to win. But then it was as if they lost all steam when the final German goal happened. Good game. 4-2.

For future reference, does it matter when one posts match information? Are there football fanatics here who don't get the games live? Or who would actually be on the internet when a game was on? :)

TheNovaLord

First Post
Very entertaining. Always good to see Paulo Wanchope in action, bit of a soft spot as he used to dazzle us when he played for my local team.

Looking forward to rest of the competition

Poland 3-0 prediction for later tonight.

JohnD

Asmo

First Post
Wow, Costa Rica was really bad today. Germany totally dominated the game. Interesting. Perhaps Germany will go all the way this time.

Polen-Equador:2-2

Asmo

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Asmo said:
Germany totally dominated the game.
Their offence dominated the game. Their defence was barely adequate. If they can't improve on it they are going to really break down against the big teams.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
Ecuador won 2-0! I don't believe it. And the Poles couldn't score at all. That's the exact opposite of how they had been doing before the World Cup.

Thomas Percy

First Post
:( what a sad story with this Ecuador.

jonesy said:
And the Poles couldn't score at all. That's the exact opposite of how they had been doing before the World Cup.
The players that led a team in qualification played in their clubs then: Krzynowek in Bayern Leverkusen, Dudek in Liverpool, Frankowski somewhere in Portugal, but meantime they fall out of their clubs, and so Dudek & Franek didn't go at Mundial, and the team is composed of young guns from Polish league and Smolarek from Borussia Dortmund, Boruc & Zurawski from Celtic Glasgow. The team of NPC. It's sad.

Last edited:

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads