• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Must. Have. More. MONSTERS!!!!

Echohawk

Shirokinukatsukami fan
Cam Banks said:
Ah, I missed it because there wasn't a space between it and the Advanced Bestiary. Never mind!

Any full colour monster book is worth mentioning twice ;).

Call me shallow, but I find it really hard to get excited about monsters printed in black and white. I'm significantly more likely to use a monster if I have a nice vivid picture to show my players. (And bonus points to Wizards for putting most of their monster art up on the web. That means I can print stand-alone copies and show them without one of my players accidentally spotting "vulnerable to fire" in the stat block. Muttermumble.)

So Cam, any chance of seeing the monster images from the BoK up on the web somewhere? ;)

Tav_Behemoth

First Post
Echohawk said:
I'm significantly more likely to use a monster if I have a nice vivid picture to show my players.

Thanks for mentioning A Swarm of Stirges and Maze of the Minotaur, DMH; didja know that when you order the books through our webstore, you get full-color illustrations of each monster on cards to hand your players?

Also, whether you buy the book from us or in stores, there's a registration code inside the cover that you can use to download the PDF, which also has the color illustrations in a form you can cut & paste.

Proof you can't please everyone: one of the reviewers of the PDF said they preferred B&W illustrations.

MavrickWeirdo

First Post
Crothian said:
Its on the list.

What about Book of Templates 3.5 or Beast Builder and Monster Handbook? Not monster books exactly but great for altering them.

Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition 3.5 was released in hardcover at GEN CON it should be available at FLGS soon

morrigan

First Post
Menagerie

Talislanta Menagerie. 300+ Talislanta critters dual statted for both Tal4 and d20. That's 300+ new critters for your D&D campaign.

philreed

Adventurer
Supporter
MavrickWeirdo said:
Book of Templates: Deluxe Edition 3.5 was released in hardcover at GEN CON it should be available at FLGS soon

Or you can do like I did and order it direct from Goodman Games. I ordered last week -- hopefully it will show up today or tomorrow.

DMH

First Post
MavrickWeirdo said:

It is, and I already started a thread on the changes. Still an awesome resource worthy of every DM's shelf.

jinx crossbow

First Post
Dreamseed the Monster Handbook for Engel (Arthouse / S&S)
Its the graetest MM I know!
But for a "hardcore monster collector" like you maybe
to much fluff and to less crunsh

Cam Banks

Adventurer
Echohawk said:
So Cam, any chance of seeing the monster images from the BoK up on the web somewhere? ;)

They are really pretty, aren't they? My personal favorites out of that book are the ones by Ron Spencer, such as the ursoi and the bloodrager. I'm fond of all the art, but Ron's work really knocked my socks off.

I'll ask about it!

Cheers,
Cam

Teneb

Explorer
Into the Blue, Into the Black, and Into the Green are ecology books by Bastion Press, but each contain quite a few monsters for aquatic, subterranean, and forested areas, respectively. They also include spells and equipment (if that's your thing). :)

BOZ

Creature Cataloguer
if i can push something else i worked on, try out the Monster Geographica series by XRP. you probably have most of those critters already covered by that massive list above... but then again, you might not have ALL of them. :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads