Must-play modern/future or horror adventure

whokan

First Post
We have been playing d&d once a week for 20 years with a few hiatuses now and again. I'm trying to get my diehard d&d group to try something different. Variety is the spice of life! But they are stubborn old dogs.

Before kids and work responsibilities it was home brew or death. Unfortunately, I haven't the time right now to make my own adventures, so I must take the easy route.

I need some sure-thing, get 'em hooked, blow their socks off adventure recommendations. It can be for d20 modern/future, grim tales, m&m, savage world, hero, t20, spycraft, or dragonstar. I suppose we need to crawl before we run. With that in mind, lower level introductory adventures are probably best to cut our teeth. I wouldn't mind some mid- to high- level recommendations thrown in!

Thanks in advance for your input!

Cheers,
Jeff

(p.s. Please direct me if a thread exists on this topic...I did research first...I promise!)

The_Gneech

Explorer
I've always heard great things about Masks of Nyarlathotep. It's old-school Call of Cthulhu, but would probably be easy to convert.

-The Gneech :cool:

Jan van Leyden

Adventurer
The_Gneech said:
I've always heard great things about Masks of Nyarlathotep. It's old-school Call of Cthulhu, but would probably be easy to convert.

Masks of Nyarlathotep is a fantastic campaign, but, as all god CoC adventures, very different from your usual D&D-fare. Characters turn insane or even die like flies; Mythos creatures are nothing to trifle with.

IMHO, all horror games lose when you have more than three players.

If you want to give horror a try, hunt down some smaller CoC module first. The story of MoN is epic, and it would be a waste to start it only to see your group lose interest.

---
Huldvoll

Jan van Leyden

talien

Community Supporter
There are several scenarios for Cthulhu Now that's modern. I suggest The Stars Are Right, which includes the story hour currently playing out at this thread, Love's Lonely Children: http://www.enworld.org/showthread.php?p=4160168#post4160168

Delta Green now has d20 stats and a scenario involving a body hopping alien. There's also an introductory scenario in Call of Cthulhu, also for a modern game. Both games are in my story hour.

Salcor

First Post
I have to second the comments about Dawning Star. It is an outstanding future system for D20 Modern with a number of free and purcahsed adventures available. It is also very flexiable allowing for a number of different campaign models. Indiana jones-like dungeon crawls, military based bug hunts, spaced base trading campaigns are all possible.

Salcor

Remove ads