• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant Future - Raiders of the Mind Lord's Tomb (Recruiting two more fine mutants)

Shayuri

First Post
Hm. Minor point of confusion. Androids get any 3 beneficial mutations...are those mutations rolled for, or selected? The wording in a couple of parts makes me think they might be selected...but it's never actually spelled out explicitly.

Electric Wizard

First Post
Hm. Minor point of confusion. Androids get any 3 beneficial mutations...are those mutations rolled for, or selected? The wording in a couple of parts makes me think they might be selected...but it's never actually spelled out explicitly.

Hm, they buried the answer waaay at the bottom of the android description. It looks like you can handpick any 3 beneficial mutations.

Shayuri

First Post
Bwah! I read that entry like five times, and somehow glossed over that each time.

Hee...thanks!

Guess it makes sense...not really about natural selection and random mutation, these things.

Looking over the rest of the group so far, I believe I'll emphasize mental stats over physical...

Vertexx69

First Post
Lost my entire post yesterday :(

@ Wiz - What do you think of letting each player choose a single extra drawback and then choose 1 beneficial mutation from the same category, as a sort "family trait" that's been passed down through the generations of mutants? This would be a kind of optional "merits & flaws" system, that gives the players just a bit of control over what they're playing. It might also be a nice way to attract a couple more players or keep the ones that roll minimum mutations like our albino did.

@ Hand - I noticed neither of your animals is actually in the book, so was wondering what kind of bite stats your allasuarus has before your gigantism? Just wondering because they were basically walking mouths full of dagger-sized teeth ;p and if it starts with 3d12 + your 2 bonus dice its gonna be nasty!

Last edited:

Shayuri

First Post
Ugh. Invisible Castle died.

My nice stat array...ruined.

*crosses self* Here goes.

innominepatrisetfiliietspiritussancti...

Bah...I guess it's not TERRIBLE...but man, lousy timing for InvisCastle. Oh well.

Last edited:

HandofMystra

First Post
I have not read the rules closely (though I did read that the Mutant Lord does read the rules closely). Was I supposed to pick animals from the monster manual section? I could be as castoroid that has an alternate for of a Giant Tuatara Lizard. My concept was tool-using non-primate that was kinda cute with the alternate for of a dinosaur. Mutant Lord what do you think?

Electric Wizard

First Post
Your ability to become an allosaurus is fine. According to the power, you don't gain any of your alternate form's mutations. Let's just say that you grow to be 28' long, and that your bite attack now causes 3d10 damage. You also gain the ability to stomp on medium-sized or smaller enemies for 2d8 damage and a tail attack for 1d8 damage. You also cannot use any tools or weapons that your raccoon hands may have picked up. :)

Electric Wizard

First Post
Survived!

I'm excited that ENWorld is back online. But I'm bummed because some annoying stuff came up during the crash. Long story short, I may not be able to Mutant Lord this game properly until around the 20th. I'm sorry. Please let me know if you're willing to wait until then.

Remove ads