• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutant High Issue 2: A Hard Lesson

Jemal

Adventurer
- Crash Site -
Pyro is unconscious, possibly with a skull fracture, though you can't be sure. His pulse is steady and Miranda sense his life force is not fading, though you can't seem to wake him.
Temper re-enters the smashed jet and finds Serena also 'unconscious', but you get the feeling she's more in a trance than injured, aside from a bump on the side of her head. With a groan, Temper hefts her out of the flaming wreckage.

With Eric's help, Miranda and Xi'an stabilize Prof. Summer's flickering life signs to a more steady thread, but he does not regain consciousness. Miranda senses that though his vitals are strong, there may be brain damage, and he could be in a coma!!

A moment later, Kitty Pryde staggers out of the trees. "Is everybody ok?" She looks battered but nothing serious.

-Cyberspace -
Serena's words echo without reply in the formless void of Cerebro's computer pathways. She can sense that somehow her 'split' has caused her to remain in contact with the computer eventhough she can 'sense' that her body has been removed from any physical connection to a computer.

[sblock=ooc] Xi'ans post stated he got Pyro out, so I had Temper go back for Serena. BTW, you're aproximately a mile from the mansion.
[/sblock]

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
"No, no we're not..." Miranda ripped her gloves off her hands and tossed them onto the ground. "I think Scott might be brain damaged. We need to get him to a hospital... Xi'an and I weren't able to him with Eric's help, and I don't think he's going to wake up anytime soon..."

With tear filled eyes, Miranda gazed down at Pyro's still body. "He's going to live, but it's still my fault he got hurt... If only I didn't ask him to on that stupid goose chase.."

Filled with shame and guilt, Miranda suddenly vanishes from sight as she launches her body towards the heavens. Then, before anyone could say a thing to her Miranda calls out from above the wood's canopy, "HEY GUYS! I see the school!"

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Xi'an puts back on his glove and turns to the others.

"We need to get the injured to the infirmiry and get a good idea of what is going on back at the school. If we are going to move them, we need to move them carefully and with minimal jostling...Kitty? Can you go on ahead to the mansion and get some help while we get these guys situated and on the way?"

Fangor the Fierce

First Post
Pausing at the entrance, Spike's senses go into work, as he takes the time to investigate the place around him. He didn't want any nasty surprises...

Hearing [Extended 1, Acute 1, Accurate 2], Tremor Sense 3, Danger Sense 1, Ultra-Hearing 1

If there is no trouble found, Spike moves down a third of the stairs, and pauses to listen again. He continues this two more times, until he comes to the door. At that point, he checks for movement in this area, with his Tremorsense. There had to be a way to turn off that metal detector...

OOC - Is there some power supply to that metal detector?

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda drifted down towards the earth. "But what if the school is under attack? Didn't Sparky print something about the Cyborg Kid on the X-Jet's monitors?"

Victim

First Post
Miranda drifted down towards the earth. "But what if the school is under attack? Didn't Sparky print something about the Cyborg Kid on the X-Jet's monitors?"

She's crying again; I hope she doesn't fall apart. "Then it's still probably their best option for medical care." Temper sets Serena down near the other fallen to rest for a moment.

"Her injuries are surprisingly light; I think she's unconscious because the computer connection power she was using. I agree that we'll need to move the others extremely carefully." Temper limps into the woods a bit to look for a suitable walking stick. "Instead dragging them about a mile over uneven terrain into a combat zone, I think we should only move them a few hundred yards away and leave someone to watch them. We can come back with more help and medical equipment to move them the rest of the way more safely."

Relique du Madde

Adventurer
Miranda landed on the ground. "We don't have to drag them..." She wiped the tears off her face. "I could try to float them, but I'd need alot of Eric's help." She frowned. "Only problem is, I could only float them if I keep in constant contact with their bodies. You see, my Telekinetic abilities function the best when I'm touching the object I want to float.."

Last edited:

drothgery

First Post
"I could probably carry one of them, though I'm not sure that would be the best way to move someone." Eric mentioned. He looked pretty athletic, but he was still stronger than he looked. "I don't know if we're going to be able to get to the mansion in time to do anything -- at least those of this have to walk, anyway. I really ought to have let one of the mechanical genius types that seem to be in and out of the Mansion have at my car; I'm sure they would have devised some convenient way of summoning it."

Shayuri

First Post
"Okay," Calypso mutters, stepping back as the cyborg advances. "This is...kind of bad...any ideas, Phase?"

She twirls in a graceful dance, lifting a thick stream of water from the pool that Phase made for her, and hurling it at the cyborg, trying to knock it away to get some breathing room.

(To hit: 27, DC 26 nonlethal damage, and Trip Attack, with Knockback extra, at +11. http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1648733/ Trip attack: 17 http://invisiblecastle.com/roller/view/1648734/ )

Remove ads