• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants and Masterminds - limited copies available!

jonrog1

First Post
Ah, so reducing starting Power Points is the way to go -- thought so. And the way you describe the rest ... perfect. It is now decided. Tomorrow I leave Hollywoood for .pdf game publishing. My agent will be so happy.

The only questions remaining are -- exactly when does that Masterminds Manual come out, and who or what does one kill to gain possession of such a thing? Oh, and is there a street date for M&M 2E?

Charles Gray

First Post
GR to my mind has done the best job of tweaking D20 to make it truly multi-platofrm. Between Blue Rose and True 20 for simple, fast, easy playing class based systems, and M&M for point based... my needs for rule books have been fulfilled.
Now... I just have to wait to get M&M-- I'm assuming that best case I might see it at the end of this week, living in sunny california, as I do.

coyote6

Adventurer
jonrog1 said:
It is now decided. Tomorrow I leave Hollywoood for .pdf game publishing. My agent will be so happy.

The lure of the fabulous wealth of the game designer finally got too strong, eh?

jonrog1 said:
The only questions remaining are -- exactly when does that Masterminds Manual come out, and who or what does one kill to gain possession of such a thing? Oh, and is there a street date for M&M 2E?

As I understand it, the Mastermind's Manual will be out in early 2006 (I want to say January or February, but I don't recall for sure). Freedom City 2e is scheduled for November, IIRC.

2e should be out soonish -- ISTR it was being printed overseas, so it has to be shipped across the ocean, dodging any typhoons along the way, make it through Customs without being mistaken for contraband or being seized by corrupt agents intent on cornering the M&M market, and then make its way into the distribution channel.

Now I really wish I had a copy, in order to not trade it for Global Frequency. :)

Henry

Autoexreginated
jonrog1 said:
Tomorrow I leave Hollywoood for .pdf game publishing. My agent will be so happy.

Don't tease us like that, Jon. :)

Good to see you on the boards, though.

Mutants and Masterminds 2 has been bumped up to my next probably RPG purchase, though it will be sometime in October before I do so.

Elric

First Post
Since the Atomic Think Tank is down, I guess I'll post comments about Supervision 18 in this thread.

Here's my question about Covering Fire: can this let you take attacks against two opponents who are nowhere near each other (if they both fire at the protected ally) or does "range of autofire attack" mean that you are supposed to target an area that you could hit with a regular autofire attack (or something reasonably similar to it?)

For Suppression Fire: since this only targets a single opponent, how will this work out better than simply attacking that opponent? At a first glance, that opponent has the choice of A) getting some penalties or B) taking an attack from you. If you give them the option to pick A over B then there will be circumstances where A is better and they will take it. Simply attacking them seems like the same as forcing them to choose B.

slaughterj

Explorer
Michael Tree said:
So does that mean that Aura powers don't also attack when the character makes a melee attack? For example, if a character with Str 30 and Strike Aura 10 punches a villain, does the villain have to save against both the punch damage and the aura damage separately?

My main M&M character was a fiery brick, so this was the exact sort of construct he had and made sense for both effects to work on an opponent. Recognizing concerns about multiple damage saves, we ran the #s and found that two equivalent saves was statistically about the same as 1 at +5 higher level, i.e., under 1e, Super STR 10 and EF 10 would result in 2 DC25 damage saves, but were statistically the same as 1 DC30 save. Therefore, it didn't seem to be as much an issue as some people thought in their non-analytical knee-jerk reactions because some else could well just make Super STR 10, regular STR 20 guy and force a DC30 save, or use power attack, or whatever else. While 2e has reined this in more with the revised power caps for PLs, it still had Autofire which goes over, power attack which goes over, and allows linking of separate save effects (e.g., toughness save EB with linked reflex save Dazzle), which hit multiple defenses at the max PL and are more likely to find an opponent's weak spot. So, in conclusion, I don't see where an errata or whatnot is really merited.

devilish

Explorer
Argh! This is torture.... Not knowing it was limited release,
I passed by the GR booth at GenCon on the first day and thought
"Hmm...I should pick up M&M2E later today...."
Later, they were sold out :(

Then I come home to find out my FLGS has closed down : I have to get
this online but no one is printing dates.

Remove ads