• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutants And Masterminds Question

EdwardForrester

First Post
Greetings All,
After reading issue number 2 of the great new comic titled Wanted, I was curious about something. In this comic the lead is the son of the greatest assassian ever and the son fills daddys footsteps after daddy is killed. It is in a sense an anti-comic but that is what makes it so great. Well I would love to run a game in this setting but I was wondering something about Mutants And Masterminds. If you had to describe it would it have the comics code of authority like x men. Or would it be like the MAX comics that shows everything, violence and sex. Or is it workable for both, I was just curious because I might after getting Star Wars breakdown and get this. Thanks for the info.

Forrester

Emiricol

It doesn't presume either style - 4-color or gritty. The GM is free to use it in whatever manner he/she wishes without having to rewrite a bunch of stuff.

Check out http://www.mutantsandmasterminds.com/phpBB2/index.php - the very active MnM forums for better answers
smile.gif

EDIT: And for the record, I think MnM is possibly the greatest superhero game ever, and undoubtedly one of, or possibly *the*, best application of the OGL for a game that I've seen.

Last edited:

d4

First Post
i agree with Emiricol -- what you're asking about is really campaign style and flavor, and the rules don't really address that. which means you are free to make the campaign however you want. as he said, they work equally well for many different kinds of campaigns.

and of course it's the world's greatest superhero RPG -- it says so right on the cover! ;)

DJ_Colossus

Explorer
Yep, MnM does it all with elegance and style.

Our group has played MnM pretty much exclusively for the past year. We've tried quite a few different games, from a low-level New Mutants type game to an Ultimate JLA game to a super-gritty Strikeforce Morturai game.

No classes. No hit points. Requires only a d20.

We love the system so much that one of our players even created new base powers and races for a Star Wars game.

I can't recommend it enough.

Brother Shatterstone

Dark Moderator of PbP
Emiricol said:
EDIT: And for the record, I think MnM is possibly the greatest superhero game ever, and undoubtedly one of, or possibly *the*, best application of the OGL for a game that I've seen.
I couldn't have said it better myself. :)

As for the original answer it does indeed work either way, I've made very heroic Boy Scout type characters and I've made very dark characters that have MPS that do not remembered key events in their life history.

It can do it all! :D

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads