• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mutyants And Masterminds Rules Question Regarding Feat Ranks and Drawbacks

Quantum

First Post
Feats in M&M 2e now have ranks similar to skills, but I am confused on whether that is all feats have ranks or just some, and if just some which feats have the ranks to it.

I created a drawback for a brick character who was altered by magic so I gave him the vulnerability drawback to silver. I gave it a DC of 15 and Major so that it would do double damage. How would it read and how many points would it give me?

Thank you.

Kenson

First Post
Quantum said:
Feats in M&M 2e now have ranks similar to skills, but I am confused on whether that is all feats have ranks or just some, and if just some which feats have the ranks to it.
Only feats listed as "Ranked" in their description have ranks, the rest do not.

Quantum said:
I created a drawback for a brick character who was altered by magic so I gave him the vulnerability drawback to silver. I gave it a DC of 15 and Major so that it would do double damage. How would it read and how many points would it give me?
Well, Vulnerable doesn't have a DC, its value is based on frequency (how often the vulnerability comes up) and intensity (how much additional effect the vulnerability has). Double damage is major intensity (2 points), so it would be that plus the frequency of the character encountering silver or silvered weapons, which is probably uncommon (1 point) unless the character's weakness to silver is particularly well-known. So 3 points, from the look of things.

ValhallaGH

Explorer
Quantum said:
Any feat that can be ranked will have the word 'ranked' next to it in the feats chapter (for example, see Attack Focus on page 59). On the feat table, it will have a + sign (for example, Attack Focus on page 58).
Quantum said:

Thank you.
Vulnerability Silver (+100%), Major.
Frequency is probably Common but check with the GM for the official ruling.
If the frequency is Common then it would provide +4 points total; 2 for being Major and 2 for being Common.
The DC doesn't apply to the Vulnerability drawback, it only applies to drawbacks that force a saving throw, not to drawbacks that enhance a difficulty.

You're welcome, and good luck.

Edit: Or you could listen to the guy that wrote the book, literally.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads