Mxyzplk's Rise of the Runelords Campaign

mxyzplk

Explorer
Well, Valgrim fans, unfortunately I was on vacation last week so your favorite dwarven malconvoker only shows up in this session when dragged into the appropriate dungeon-lobe to solve a problem that requires his exceptional intellect. But everyone else gets to chop a lot more! Thrill to our looting of the Runeforge in…

Sins of the Saviors Part III

mxyzplk

Explorer
Our intrepid band finishes its total subjugation of the Runeforge in the fifth and final installment of "Sins of the Saviors." The Iron Cages of Lust and Shimmering Veils of Pride bow down before the Relentless Kickers of Ass!

* Twenty-Second Session - Sins of the Saviors Part V

Next, we must locate and travel to the haunted peak of Mar-Massif, upon which lurks the frozen spires of forgotten Xin-Shalast. And in it the shade of the former Runelord of Greed, Kharzoug, who seeks to lurch back to ill-formed life. I will destroy him and take his place as a proper Runelord! Mmmwah hah ha ha haaaaaaaaaaa!

mxyzplk

Explorer
Our doughty band travelled way past the settled frontier into the Kodar Mountains, seeking the legendary golden streets of Xin-Shalast, Runelord Kharzoug's millenia-lost capital. But, holed up by a blizzard out in that remote place, trapped in a shelter together for what seemed like an infinity, our hunger grew different. More severe... savage. Not to be sated by magically conjured gruel.

And then things got out of hand.

Thrill to Part I of the Spires of Xin-Shalast!

mxyzplk

Explorer
In Part II of the Spires of Xin-Shalast, the last of six chapters in the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path, our heroes begin their insurgency campaign within the ruins of fallen Xin-Shalast. Yeti, dragons, and… uh, weird invisible psychic slither-beasts prove no match for their spells and steel as they prepare to close in on the Runelord. Death or glory!

Spires of Xin-Shalast, Part II

mxyzplk

Explorer
We may be approaching the climax of the campaign in Part III of Spires of Xin-Shalast. Valgrim calls an angel to help, and the group rolls into a devil-haunted arena to do battle… And then to the Pinnacle of Avarice to find and defeat the Runelord himself. Wave after wave of giants broke upon us and fell apart like surf upon the rocks - once, twice, three times. We slay without respite, or hesitation, or mercy. The summary ends in media res as more enemies stir in the darkness beyond the piles of cloud and storm giant carcasses. Who shall fall?!?

Spires of Xin-Shalast, Part III

mxyzplk

Explorer
And with a bang, we have completed the Rise of the Runelords Adventure Path! We finished our epic combat with waves of giants and lamias and named characters in the Pinnacle of Greed. My "Aura of Brilliance" spell and Int damage from my summoned amnizu devils were two very strong contributors to our success.

And then - we met Kharzoug the Claimer, Runelord of Greed in combat in his inner sanctum. I've never actually been the victim of Time Stop, Meteor Swarm, etc. before so it was entertaining yet deadly. So many of our attacks failed against him - he had layers of magical defenses you wouldn't believe - but in the end we prevailed!

Bruce did a great job with this session summary, come read it in:

The Spires of Xin-Shalast Part IV

carborundum

Adventurer
I've been following the updates via the Paizo boards but felt the need to chime in here too - great campaign and really well written too - hilarious even!

I'm looking forward to the next one!

Remove ads