Attachments

• 3e family.png
    3e family.png
    48.3 KB · Views: 170
Last edited:

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
This reminded me of the 3e pantheon made into a familial pantheon I saw on dmsguild by the name of Church of the Solar Divinity. Both making their edition's core pantheon and forming familial relations between the gods.

That's actually neat.

Aldarc

Legend
I have another change that I am considering for this altered Dawn War pantheon.

Lolth and the Raven Queen are not the same person. Instead, Lolth is a demon/primordial who killed Corellon’s first spouse Araushnee and tried to take her stuff, much like Yeenoghu did with the original god of gnolls. Her elf-like form represents a mockery of Corellon’s spouse. Lolth was stopped from fully taking Araushnee’s full portfolio by one of her mortal fey-kin devotees, whose name has since been erased when she ascended to godhood: The Raven Queen. The Raven Queen remains the patron goddess of drow but there are many drow societies that have been lured by Lolth’s whispers.

Last edited:

Why not let her stay Araushnee and going all Lloth, but one of her mortal fey-kin devotees saved Corellon, becoming the Raven Queen? You end up with the same but can keep much of the established lore.

Aldarc

Legend
I’m admittedly not the biggest fan of the established lore regarding Lolth, drowns, and the whole betrayal lore. That’s a substantial part of the reason why I just combined Lolth and the Raven Queen. Also, having Lolth being a demon who killed a god rather than a god who became a demon seems more congruent with the Dawn War Mythos as well.

Last edited:

Remove ads