D&D General My (altered) Dawn War Pantheon

I'm a big fan of the Dawn War pantheon. While I might go in a slightly different direction, I find the OP's thinking inspiring. Good stuff! The other thing I really like about the Dawn War is the notion that the war between gods and primordials broke all of creation irreparably, so the world they're living in is fundamentally flawed.

Eltab

Lord of the Hidden Layer
After reading through the 4e Astral Sea book, I realized the Dawn War pantheon is undermanned, over-committed, and needs all the reinforcements they can get. Which might be why every class has access to one or more 'become a god' Epic Destiny(ies).

Personally not a fan of the combo of Lolth and Raven Queen. Namely cause I largely prefer Death to be a neutral force, rather than a chaotic or evil force like Lolth is. Combined with the fact that Lolth just does not seem like a good fit for a good of death.

Still it's yours to do with as you will so I hope you have fun with it.

Anthoux

Villager
I created a family tree using Family Echo the best I can figure it out. A.S. stands for Astral Sea and where I presume the rest of the gods came from, separated into different "sets" to stimulate the sibling relationships. E.S. stands for Elemental Sea though there isn't really much going on here.

Also didn't know where to put Astara but pantheons love some deity incest as well as both being sky deities so that why she is where she is. Asmodeus is likewise placed there as I presumed he was Big P's angel and therefore creation.

Please notify if I missed something or if there is any mistakes.

Attachments

• Altered-Dawn-War-15-Apr-2020.pdf
    74.6 KB · Views: 215

Anthoux

Villager
Lendor's origin could actually be similar to Corellon and Lolth in that Io's death caused magic, death, and time itself to enter into existence and thus the three deities.

Aldarc

Legend
Personally not a fan of the combo of Lolth and Raven Queen. Namely cause I largely prefer Death to be a neutral force, rather than a chaotic or evil force like Lolth is. Combined with the fact that Lolth just does not seem like a good fit for a good of death.

Still it's yours to do with as you will so I hope you have fun with it.
Admittedly, you're assuming here that Lloth is CE in my setup when I have not indicated any god's alignment, though I suppose not having Lloth as CE would seem like heresy. I personally would probably like the Raven Queen/Lloth as Neutral/Unaligned, but with CE cults of the Raven Queen or the drow being more like shadar-kai.

Lendor's origin could actually be similar to Corellon and Lolth in that Io's death caused magic, death, and time itself to enter into existence and thus the three deities.
Great idea! Consider it borrowed!

I created a family tree using Family Echo the best I can figure it out. A.S. stands for Astral Sea and where I presume the rest of the gods came from, separated into different "sets" to stimulate the sibling relationships. E.S. stands for Elemental Sea though there isn't really much going on here.

Also didn't know where to put Astara but pantheons love some deity incest as well as both being sky deities so that why she is where she is. Asmodeus is likewise placed there as I presumed he was Big P's angel and therefore creation.
Wowzer! I was not expecting this! Fantastic work!

Please notify if I missed something or if there is any mistakes.
Sure.

"Yondalla" is misspelled. Also, Lloth and Kerun are a couple.

It looks like Astara and Tiamat had Melora as a child, but that may be how Family Echo formats things.

And I now like having Lendor as an aspect of Time that likewise came out of Io like Magic and Death.

Anthoux

Villager
Alright so I fixed the child of light's spelling, readjusted the body twins to be more understandable, moved Lendor out of the Astral Sea and into his own spot with the others, made Kerun and Lloth a thing, and finally made dead deities dead.

Attachments

• Aldarc's Pantheon.pdf
    74.7 KB · Views: 192
Last edited:

jgsugden

Legend
Interesting ideas.

I dug up an old campaign world and revised it. One of the things I did was replace the Deities I'd created for it with the Dawn War Pantheon - but I felt it too slim. To augment it, I added in the (rest of the) Greyhawk Deities. That addition gave me enough Gods to fill all the major roles I wanted to fill.

Remove ads