• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My attempt at something beautiful

Sonikal

First Post
For those of you who know me, my style of art involves creating monstrous beings. Im starting to get tired of drawing these odd race/class combos I always come up with.
Dont panic, im still willing to create odd characters (that always was and still is my speciality!) infact this post is for you to post your requests for strange characters. Another thing i'd like to announce also is a slight change to my style. No longer am I using pencil and crayon, I now do B&W pen drawings, because my pictures are far more detailed than before. Any way heres an example of my new style...
Anyara_Faerose.sized.jpg

This is Anyara Faerose, a Feytouched Gnome Psion/Druid character of mine. Also her best friend (AKA game companion) is a smaller than average Pixie.

The reason they have mask-like faces is because in my DMs world, Fey are natures mannifestation of the supernatural, although they respect and protect it, but at the same time they deny it. Her mother was a half-fey Angel you see, who fell in love with a Gnome Druid, so she transformed herself into a Gnome. However when Anyara was born, she could no longer hide her true nature.

What do you think, any requests of unusual characters...

Smoke and Mirrors

First Post
Hey Sonikal I got a request for ya!
I'd like to see your interpretation of a character I'm playing in my Dragonstar game.
He is the only one quite like himself, being created from a lab tends to have that effect. He stands about as tall as a halfling, but is closer to dwarven in build . He has a long (about as tall as he is) dexterous tail. Bright reddish colored hair and beard that tends to wanna spike out all over the place. Many tatoos, don't care of what, I just like the effect. Pretty much the stereotypical space pilot get-up, and a pair of goggles and you got him. As for skin tone go wild with it.
Anywho, this is only if you got the time or interested in it. Much thanks, and I enjoy your work... also another question for ya... I've finished the goblin for you but I'm not pleased how it came out, is she supposed to be attractive to a human, or to a goblin? I'll try drawing both, and I'll post the better of the two, probably tomorrow.

Sonikal

First Post
Smoke and Mirrors said:
I'd like to see your interpretation of a character I'm playing in my Dragonstar game.
He is the only one quite like himself, being created from a lab tends to have that effect. He stands about as tall as a halfling, but is closer to dwarven in build . He has a long (about as tall as he is) dexterous tail. Bright reddish colored hair and beard that tends to wanna spike out all over the place. Many tatoos, don't care of what, I just like the effect. Pretty much the stereotypical space pilot get-up, and a pair of goggles and you got him. As for skin tone go wild with it.
Anywho, this is only if you got the time or interested in it. Much thanks, and I enjoy your work... also another question for ya... I've finished the goblin for you but I'm not pleased how it came out, is she supposed to be attractive to a human, or to a goblin? I'll try drawing both, and I'll post the better of the two, probably tomorrow.

I'll give that a go. As for Yoko the Goblin, Goblins in our campaign are generally attractive if somewhat thin, they also have fangs. I'd like to see the original though...:)

Sonikal

First Post
Ferret said:
Could we have a portrait of the unmasked psion/druid please?

Thanks for showing intrest, but like I already said...

The reason they have mask-like faces is because in my DMs world, Fey are natures mannifestation of the supernatural, although they respect and protect it, but at the same time they deny it.

Feathercircle

First Post
Sonikal, I'm sorry for taking so long with my picture of Yoko...
In the whole 'getting ready for college' mess, I lost your picture for a while... it turns out that I put it in my Manual of the Planes and forgot about it. Oops...

Anyway, I'm nearly done.. I'm going to try to finish it off today, and then I'll scan it in. I'm pretty proud of how it's come out so far. I hope you don't mind a slightly crappy background, though. Scenery has never exactly been my strong point.

Sonikal

First Post
Smoke and Mirrors said:

Yo smokey, I hope this picture suits your requirements. I admit i've gone a bit experimental with his clothing, and with the addition of a mohawk.
dragonstar.sized.jpg

What do you honestly think?...

Sonikal

First Post
Feathercircle said:
Sonikal, I'm sorry for taking so long with my picture of Yoko...
In the whole 'getting ready for college' mess, I lost your picture for a while... it turns out that I put it in my Manual of the Planes and forgot about it. Oops...

Anyway, I'm nearly done.. I'm going to try to finish it off today, and then I'll scan it in. I'm pretty proud of how it's come out so far. I hope you don't mind a slightly crappy background, though. Scenery has never exactly been my strong point.

Thanks, and dont worry about the background, im exceedingly crap at scenery!...

Remove ads