• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My dad plays D&D!!!!

Reynard

Legend
Supporter
A little background: when I was 10, my dad brought home the old red box Basic D&D book. he ran me and my two brothers through the solo adventure and the first level of the module in the DMG. Then, he handed it off to my oldest brother and never rolled a 20 sider again. Now, he always loved CRPGs, particularly the AD&D related ones, but never showed much interest in table top.

A few months ago he and my mom seperated and he ended up in a little efficiency apartment. he's retired and isn't in the greatest health, so I worried about him becoming a shut in.

The, this morning, I get an email that tells me he has joined a regular Saturday D&D (3rd edition) game. He wrote to ask me about playing and developing his 3rd level cleric.

Win.

And.

Awesome.

Maliki

First Post
Its good to see him getting involved in something, hope he gets hooked up with a good group and has a blast with playing again.

Imruphel

First Post
Great story!

Who knows, by the time those of us in our 30s start to retire in a few decades, there might be theme retirement villages. Who wants to join me in Geeksville? ;)

Remove ads