• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My "Dungeon Master's Book" Is Falling Apart

sunrisekid

Explorer
Monster Vault and DM Kit books are both of obviously inferior construction quality than the RC or the HotFL, after having had the former for a couple days and the latter for a few weeks. They (DM & MV books) feel much less sturdy, nothing like pages falling out, but the books are "bendy" in the wrong direction... I expect less use of the DM book (only bought it as an upgrade) but I anticipate much heavier use of the Monster Vault text. Hopefully it holds up :p

HotFL has seen repeated, near-daily casual reading and the quality is noticeably better.

tentfox

Explorer
My guess is because they come in boxes they have cheaper binding to cut on costs as they are not going to be damaged while in store.

It is a dirty thing to do, but what can we do about it?

Obryn

Hero
IIRC, the standalone books are printed in the USA, while the books in the boxed sets are printed in China.

Take from that what you will. :)

-O

Oulak

First Post
The Dungeon Master's Book does indeed seem like it's about to fall apart, but it hasn't actually done so yet.

Strange thing though, my PHB *did* fall apart after my second day of reading it. I was just sitting there with it open in my lap in my car and the spine started rising and pages 1-92 just popped out. I've only opened it a handful of times since then because it just depresses me, and it's kept me from investing in a large 4e library, as the binding hasn't changed.

Dice4Hire

First Post
IIRC, the standalone books are printed in the USA, while the books in the boxed sets are printed in China.

Take from that what you will. :)

-O

Do you actually think it is impossible to specify and receive high quality printing in China?

Do you actually think it is impissible to specify and receive lower-quality printing in AMerica?

I really don't think this is a chinese thing here, Odds are high WOTC is getting exactly what they specified and paid for.

I have seen this posted a couple itmes recently, and the attitude behind it bothers me.

Obryn

Hero
Do you actually think it is impossible to specify and receive high quality printing in China?

Do you actually think it is impissible to specify and receive lower-quality printing in AMerica?

I really don't think this is a chinese thing here, Odds are high WOTC is getting exactly what they specified and paid for.

I have seen this posted a couple itmes recently, and the attitude behind it bothers me.
I have no doubt they are getting what they paid for.

-O

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads