• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My First Map Attempt

Sirith

First Post
I like it. It straightforward, simple, yet inspiring to look at, and I like the somewhat muted colours, they really fit the style of the map :)

Pyrandon

First Post
Very nice hand-drawn cartographic style, Tallon. I do have a question about your rivers: three rivers feed lakes with no outlets; is that what you intended? Possible--especially if magic comes into play--but this would be highly unusual with such frequency.

Also, a scale would be very useful on the map.

Great job overall! Very simple and clear. Thanks for posting. Good Gimping! :)

Last edited:

tlarham

First Post
Pyrandon said:
Very nice hand-drawn cartographic style, Tallon. I do have a question about your rivers: three rivers feed lakes with no outlets; is that what you intended? Possible--especially if magic comes into play--but this would be highly unusual with such frequency.

Yup, this map was drawn before I had done any research into accurate cartography. The maps I draw now have logical rivers -- high elevation, merging, to low elevation/outlets -- and more logical mountain ranges based on continental plates.

I always envisioned this map as being a part of a coast of a continent opposite the other map I have up -- the two go together, though this one is far closer and more detailed. I suddenly have the urge to complete them as an atlas.

Thanks for the feedback!

-- T.

Remove ads