• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Pathfinder 1E @$#&!! My Funny Bone!!!: Critical Hit Cards from Paizo

hexgrid

Explorer
I just bought yesterday, and it does look pretty cool.

I use an action point mechanic, and am considering letting players spend an action point to draw a card, even if the hit wasn't critical.

Cthulhudrew

First Post
I really like the way each card has different entries for the different potential types of damage you could suffer in a given attack.

Someone in the blog suggested cards for Critical Fumbles- that would be cool too!

jdrakeh

Front Range Warlock
The only thing that puzzles me are the entries for "magic" -- obviously these results assume damage-causing spells, but are they meant to alter spell effects, as well? Because they do. And that seems a bit off, to me. Just sayin' ;)

Jason Bulmahn

Adventurer
Hey there all,

The thread title on this one nearly made me miss this thread, but I digress. The magic effects on the cards are there for crits with spells that require attack rolls. Since most of these are damage dealing spells, that is where most of the effects are aimed. That said, many of them are perfectly applicable to spells that you can crit with that do not do straight damage.

For everyone else, thanks for the enthusiasm. We keep hearing calls for the fumble deck, and it is something we are considering.

Jason Bulmahn
GameMastery Brand Manager

jeffh

Adventurer
I like the ones I've seen, except for the "Magic" entries, which just seem faintly ridiculous to me. But it's easy enough to just not use those. I'll definitely pick up the deck at some point in the reasonably near future.

Wolf72

Explorer
Doug McCrae said:
Shot through both ears. Die instantly. Hearing impaired.

I'm guessing it's a much easier way of using the critical hit tables from ICE's Arms Law & Claw Law? (back in the day that is)

Remove ads