• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My miniatures... - so far!

Kris

Adventurer
I have to agree with everyone else - these are really nice.

I think these mini's put most people's first attempts to shame (I know they do with mine).

And on the subject of eyes...
...I've been painting (off and on) for a while now - and I still don't bother with eyes :uhoh: :eek:

punkorange

First Post
Alright, I paint a lot of miniatures, or have over the years. I've seen a lot of painted miniatures as well. Yours look great. I've seen some first time mini's that are awful, but if these are your first mini's, they are great. I see no problems with the faces or the eyes. keep up the good work.

Your basing is good too.

Stormrunner

Explorer
Nice paintjobs!

One standard trick for eyes: paint the eyes first. Allow the whites to slop over the eye socket, then paint the pupil as a vertical black line across the eye (generally easier to do than trying to precisely place a single black dot). Then, when you paint the skin tones, you can cover up the slopover as you paint around the lids/eyesocket, and unless the mini has huge eyes or your black line was incredibly thin, only a "dot" of the black will be visible.

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Okay... some of them were already painted last year, but I never got around to take decent photos. Now I could be bothered to do that, so I guess I'll post them now! :)

Additionally, I've discovered the macro-mode on my camera and how to correct the lighting levels properly... so the photos are a notch better than the last ones!

As always, they are ordered chronologically in the order of painting.

[sblock=Ranger]
Okay, this one was a nice one, though I still have to paint his wolf companion. I also think that the colour combination (grey and purple) is very odd. No clue why I have done it that way!
WaldluferV.jpg
WaldluferH.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Angel of Shadows]
The sculpt is a personal favourite, but my paintjob isn't as good as I wanted it to be. Probably because I liked the mini and was on-and-off with painting it. But I have still no clue what to put on her base... :/ ...so feel free to suggest something.
EngelV.jpg
EngelH.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock= Elven Paladin]
While this one is my favourite paintjob so far. I'm very happy how the blues turned out!
ElfPaladinV.jpg
ElfPaladinH.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Dark Cleric]
I like this guy... and it was my first try light sources. It failed, especially on the scroll. ANd the skull looks illogical for something glowing... but it could be worse!
KultistV.jpg
KultistH.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Spined Devil]
I scored this guy from my FLGS about half a month after the D&D Day... too much promos left over. It was mostly an exercise in doing an interesting base, though I've touched up the DDM paintjob a bit as well.
StachelteufelV.jpg
StachelteufelH.jpg
[/sblock]

Thanks for looking, and I always dig criticism!

Cheers, LT.

Last edited:

WhatGravitas

Explorer
Well, update. Three new minis!
[sblock=Elven Fighter]
Elven-Fighter.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Goblin Fighter]
Goblin-Fighter.jpg
[/sblock]
[sblock=Goblin Shaman]