• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My mop... er, map!

Terraism

Explorer
JDragon said:
How did you do the wooded areas and the mountains
?

I've tried do a couple maps and never was happy with how those areas turned out.

THanks

JDragon

Wooded areas - ok, keep in mind that this is pretty rough, but... I created the forests on their own layer, just a darker shade, with some pixelation, etc. From their, I used the extrude function, as pyramids, and played around with the settings until it came out about right.

The mountains... I might have to get back to you on that one. I just play until they look good - I can never get any set to look like previous ones, so I don't know what to say... :rolleyes:

JDragon

Explorer
Thanks for the input, I'll give the forests a try this week and see what i can come up with for mountains myself using yours a guides.

JDragon

TheLoneGoldfish

First Post
Well I recognize reme/fairhill from Necro's Crucible. however, Reme isn't really that important as it could be very well any city unless you're planning on running Sword of Air... Bard's gate and the stoneheart mountians (for which the forest is named) would probably be a better choice.

But it's your map. Not mine.

Speaking of mine, I did a map based on the necromancer modules a while back (http://www.geocities.com/thelonegoldfish).

It's kind of crappy but it's half supposed to be vauge as I was working from a broad description.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads