• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My New and Improved DM Screen: v2.0

DM Magic

Adventurer
A week ago I posted a series of reference sheets I'd made for people to affix to their DM screens. Yes, I realize there are already a TON of reference sheets available. Nevertheless, I never quite found one that worked for me. That screen was well and good and people loved it: but I decided that it wasn't enough.

Originally, I was going to use The World's Greatest Screen by Hammerdog Games, but it's only four panels. And I realized I wanted a fifth. So now I'm going to make my own DM screen using the method outlined here: https://youtu.be/vNElkhIB_y4?t=120

Anyway, my screen now has ten pages of content! In addition to updating the design a bit, here's what's different:

• Expanded the Conditions page to include Obscured, Stabilized, and Suffocating.
  • Added poisons.
  • Added trap and hazard examples (just lists, no mechanics).
  • House rules for adding abilities to monsters and house rules for improvised attacks. These have been put on the same sheet as my house rules for skill challenges and notes on building better encounters. This way, if someone just wanted the core rules, they could omit the entire page.
  • Five pages of random tables! Names, races, professions, traits, flaws, mannerisms, clan names, family names, honorifics, epithets, frills, insults, trinkets, curious effects, inns and taverns, books and tomes, locations of mystery, settlements, districts and neighborhoods, battles, gods, factions, and tables for random marketplaces, pirate ships, dungeons, towers, and castles.

This entire project has been a real labor of love for me. And what's funny is, by pouring through all the rules, I've learned the game so much better than before... almost removing the need for the screen to begin with. :D

Inside the link is everything you need: PDFs for color, printer friendly, and black and white versions, as well as the InDesign file.

Enjoy!

https://drive.google.com/open?id=11Yo-uTwXM8JDULoIFbzFBS9COSQq-lnQ

DM Magic

Adventurer
Off to print these sheets today and realized I really wanted a weather table -- so I added one. Also had room for an appearance table. New files uploaded; same link!

Remove ads