• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D General My Other Homebrewed Campaign Settings!

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Ok, a lot of EN Worlders know about my homebrewed World of Kulan campaign setting. (If you don't then just look in the Rogues Gallery or Art forums. Plus, there are my story hours, which really need to be updated... soon.) And while that setting is my MAIN setting, I do tend to dabble with other setting ideas, like most DMs.

However, in the last few days I've begun to create several new yahoo groups for my campaigns, as I begin the proccess of transferring material from my website, written format, and the other tidbits still locked away in my head.

The first, and most important one, is Time of Ages, the world of Rielun. This was my first campaign world and over the last few years I have gone back to it, reworked a lot of it, including creating CC2 maps, and merging what it was with the steampunk genre.

Knightfall's Time of Ages Yahoo Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/timeofages/

Time of Ages is part of my Spelljammer Gome Wild cosmology, which isn't really done yet. Here's the basics: take spelljammer, mix in steampunk, a bit of gamma world, some Treasure Planet, and there you have it. Space isn't a vacuum and the worlds of SJGW are either aligned with the Kings' Senete, the elven armadas, or an independant world such as Rielun and its moon Jarad. But anyway...

The next major homebrewed campaign is what I call Dark World. Dark World is a D&D campaign world that came to light after a night of me and my friends wanting to try something different. They created some evil characters and I threw together a rough map. It was a blast full of twisted encounters and no morality. Since then, I have taken the world one step further in my mind.

"Dark World, the World of Maran, is a world full of the vilest evil fighting the exalted good. And the evil is winning. Demons and devils rule huge swaths of the world, but now the devils are outnumbered and must align with a hated foe, the angels and celestials. This is Dark World."

Knightfall's Dark World Yahoo Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofmaran/

Of course, that's the short version. I'm just beginning to flesh out Dark World. I have one main campaign region, while the rest is an open pit of darkness. The World of Maran and the World of Kulan are linked by an event that affected both worlds. And that's all I'm saying about that for now...

I do have plans to start another group as well, but I want to firmly establish these two before delving back into what I call Arcanum of the Stars. Anyone who has read my Realmsian Dragonstar story hour, knows what I'm talking about. Arcanum of the Stars is my Dragonstar campaign. My plans for it will include updating Dragonstar to 3.5e, since FFG isn't going to do it.

Of course, I'll likely use some of the material at the DarkStar website, which is already 3.5 compatible. If you haven't seen this site and you're a fan of Dragonstar then I suggest taking a look.

Anyway, thanks for reading and I hope to talk to some of you soon at one of my yahoo groups. And here is the url for my Kulan group.

Knightfall's World of Kulan Yahoo Group
http://games.groups.yahoo.com/group/worldofkulan/

Cheers!

Knightfall1972

Last edited:

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
BiggusGeekus said:
I like all the islands in Time of Ages. Islands are a great adventure device.

Yes, I agree. The world's original name, Islands of Malecade, is how that came about. I had drawn very specific island chains and continents. Now, years later, I've had to recreate the continents and main islands from memory, plus added in some more to fill the map a little better. And each island chain has its own flavor, which isn't as "steampunk-like" as the major urban regions on the continents.

Cheers!

KF72

Knightfall

World of Kulan DM
Webring Note!

I've just submitted these groups to the 3rd Edition - Dungeons and Dragons Webring and been approved for them to become active. I'm hoping this will bring in new members for my groups, of course, but it was also a fun experiment to try WebRing for the first time.

Does anyone else here belong to this webring? I haven't had the chance to go through each site.

Plus, I think it would be a good idea for someone to create a Fantasy & SciFi Story hour Webring that would showcase those sites running a story hour forum or an story hour author's own personal website (i.e. Piratecat). Opinions?

Cheers!

Remove ads