• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My PCs have land! Now what?

pogre

Legend
Yair said:
Well, there is Magical Medieval Society: Western Europe, by... wait, you have it, and it got mentioned like a bezillion times already. Maybe you want other ideas...

I'd take a look at Birthright if I were you, there is a free 3.5e version available at birthright.net. While it's an entire setting, the domain-management mechanics might give you an idea or two. Birthright is especially good in letting different character classes handle different aspect of the domain and have different interests.

There are lots of other domain management systems out there. I heard good things about Field of Blood (by Eden Studios) and another one by Mongoose, forgot the name... there was a thread comparing all such books, let me see if I can fish it... here.

Great thread and very helpful. I purchased Fields of Blood and will be stealing some stuff out of it. I'm trying toovercome my distatste for all things Mongoose to pick up Dynasties and Strongholds, but I don't know if I can do it. ;)

pogre

Legend
After plowing through some threads, I found a great thread by Silveras over in the house rules that is very helpful for running PC owned lands. It is a bit ahead of where my PCs are at the moment, but is a great resource.

Check it out

arwink

Clockwork Golem
These days I tend to use the affiliation rules from PHII to manage any kind of land ownership, which gives the PC's the option of putting it to the forefront or letting it exist in the background as they wish.

Remove ads