• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My player is interested in fabricating a ship

random user

First Post
I have a player who is interested in creating a ship.

Now fabricate says that you have to make a successful craft check to make anything complex (which I assume a ship falls into).

What would be the DC check for a ship? Or would you break it into components (hull, sails, rudder, etc) and require individual checks for each?

If you do require individual checks for each (which is what I'm leaning towards), what would be the check to assemble it all together?

My player understands that it isn't going to be a simple process; however, it's a long term goal for him, and I'd like to help him map out what it would take, so he can see if he's willing to take the journey.

If you don't know the answer, any reference material available (ie if there is a book which deals with this subject) would help. I'm happy to read through any answer for myself; I just have no idea where to start looking.

Remove ads