• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My players are trying to melt my head!

dmccoy1693

Adventurer
frankthedm said:
Edit:you charge the player 5000 XP and he retains the wish:Edit

You were trying to be cool with your players and one of them goes and proves why you should never go easy on them.

I'd also have to ditto this. The only other way I'd handle it is instead of the universe imploding, his character implodes. But I recommend just charging him 5k xp.

Gold Roger

First Post
I'd propably say "Yeah...stop :):):):)ing with me and tell me what your char wishes".

When players want to play mindgames with me, I never try to win or solve them, I make it clear that I'm not going to play along.

Rothe

First Post
Umbran said:
Hr?

Granting that wish does not punish or in any way harm the PC, so there's no problem with it. Rather like, "I wish for this wish to have no effect." I mean, if that's what he really wants...

Agreed. I'd just say OK and move on. If nice I'd take it as a wish for me to ignore what you said, once you use the words "I wish" the wish is used up, that's just how wishes work. What's subsequent can't alter that. It's just the obverse of "I wish for more wishes." A wish that cannot be obejctively resolved or results in paradox just ceases to exist. Or some say somewhere in the outer planes a group of beings will work for all enternity on resolving the paradox. You've just made some celestial bean counter very unhappy. Likely when you die you soul will go there to work on the dilema. :)

Asmor

First Post
Player: I wish for you not to grant this wish.

DM: You hear a voice in the back of your head saying "Reply hazy. Ask again later."

szilard

First Post
I'd have simply granted another wish (i.e., not this one): "OK. Your horse disappears and is replaced by a pile of fresh fish and an animated ball of yarn. The cat that was stalking the horse's tail looks delighted as its wish was granted."

-Stuart

Remove ads