• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My Sad Little Project

TogaMario

First Post
I've been working on a simple game project at home now for two weeks. I've been programming and doing the 3D and 2D work necessary for it so far, and although the level itself is placeholder (quickly made just to test with), I've been trying to finalize the GUI. It's in debug mode in the pic, showing stats for me so I know they're being loaded right. I'll be adding the 3D arm and weapon in there soon, then a damage/health system, then some enemies, etc.

The premise of the game is simply to fight through three interactive levels of a goblin dungeon. Only three types of enemies .. goblin warrior, goblin heavy guard, and goblin king. Only three weapons, a sword, an axe, and a bow. The sword being what you start with, the axe being acquired, and can break goblin heavy guard shields, and a bow, which does less damage, but will allow you to get the first hit off at a distance. All this is really doing is to serve for a nice base to create something larger (with magic, variations of weapons, levels [upgrade of stats and such] and more puzzles per level). Have any simple ideas to make it better? Just let me know :D

gui.jpg

TogaMario

First Post
Lol, good call. I had played "Dungeon Hack" which is a loosely based inspiration, but "Dungeon Crawl" had become it's rough generic name after little thought :D I'll try to kick around some other ideas, thanks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads