• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My screwed-up relationship :(

I'll scrape even more sugar off the coating: Quit trying to save everyone, because frankly it sounds like you really suck at it. Think about why you keep ending up with all of these hard luck women. Are you better off for it in the end? Are they?

If you want to save someone's life join the fire department. If you want to save a soul join the priesthood. Otherwise, if you just want to be happy, quit hitting on train wrecks.

Rel

Liquid Awesome
I'm going to post one last thing and then I think I'll be done with this thread.

Gnarlo, there are a bunch of people who have taken their time and effort to try and give you some advice on a situation that seems, to me anyway, fairly bizarre and far fetched. Maybe the rest of us live rather ho-hum lives, but all this talk about strange religious cults, BEASTS and fires sounds like the kind of drama that one either avoids or revels in. You don't seem all that interested in actually acknowleging any of our advice to remove yourself from that drama. But you do seem to have plenty of energy left over to make a lot of Aliens jokes in your last post. It is starting to border on the disrespectful.

Nonetheless, I've given you the best advice that I can muster. It is up there in my previous posts. If you really do have a problem with this girl, it's there to read any time you like. Ciao.

Mister Mojo

First Post
Krieg said:
Or perhaps Trollish?

I'm just a simple lurker, but I gotta say ... when I first read this thread, after plumbing some of the other toxic relationship threads on this board, I misread this as being posted by Eric Noah. And thinking of him as the author, my first reaction was, "My god, this is a delicious parody."

I will say no more.

Oh god, this is some kind of joke isn't it? It's all starting to come together now.

This is so wrong Gnarlo. May someone skewer you on a harpoon and blast you into the cold void of space!

EDIT: The avatar change wasn't exactly subtle.

Last edited:

EricNoah

Adventurer
I haven't been had this bad since ... <insert witty analogy here>.

*shakes head in amusement/shame*

Only thing I'm not quite getting is if this is a combination of movie references or if it's just been that long since I saw any of the Aliens movies. That "HELL...BOY" comment has me thinking it's the former...

Gnarlo, we expect a thorough breakdown of where this stuff is coming from -- that's the only way you're gettin' out of here alive! :D

Last edited:

Gnarlo

Gnome Lover
Supporter
:D *clap clap clap* :D

game over, man, game over

P.s. And a shame, too, I was about to leave Ripley and go back to Eowyn. Ah, cest la vie.

P.p.s Avatar change: well, I kept *trying* to give hints ;) I think "mostly" was too much of a gimmee :( I'm proud of "the beast" and "Hell... boy" though :]

EricNoah

Adventurer
Mister Mojo said:
when I first read this thread, after plumbing some of the other toxic relationship threads on this board, I misread this as being posted by Eric Noah. And thinking of him as the author, my first reaction was, "My god, this is a delicious parody."
Ah, if only I were that clever and also lacking in a human soul. :D

This has gotta be archived the next time the forums get pruned. I need to read this thread the next time I'm feeling especially clever, so I can remember what it feels like to get totally scammed.

Bravissimo, Gnarlo!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads