• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My SW SAGA house rules

Remathilis

Legend
Plane Sailing said:
2. Lightsabres do 3d8 damage, but don't add Str to damage rolls (I like logical progressions, it is a failing of mine... in SW unpowered weapons do 1 die damage, powered weapons (vibro weapons and slug throwers) do 2 dice damage, energy weapons do 3 dice damage. Ergo, to fit in with this progression, lightsabres will do 3d8 damage. I'm balancing this by not including Str bonus on damage rolls with lightsabres). I'm not *entirely* sold on this idea at the moment, and might change it back in the future.

Cheers

I'd leave well enough alone. Most Jedi worth their robes will either take Mighty Swing or (more likely) Rapid Strike. That give them that +1d8 damage (and would raise them to 4d8, right about where Revised Edition Jedi got out of control).

It would also require re-writing the Ataru form talent.

Stalker0

Legend
For dodge I like, +1 reflex, 1/day you force an opponent to reroll an attack roll against you. Its a nice benefit, especially on a crit, but since its 1/day its not too strong.

atomn

Explorer
RigaMortus2 said:
To make the Dark Side more tempting, we use a rule that you can call on the light side of the Force by spending a Force Point to modify a d20 roll BEFORE you roll. And you can call on the Dark Side of the Force by spending a Force Point to modify a d20 roll AFTER you roll and see the result. This of course gives you a Dark Side Point...

It's very useful for when you know you missed an important roll by a point or two and want to roll the d6 for a little help.

I like that rule a lot, I thought the Dark Side needed to be more tempting.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Stalker0 said:
For dodge I like, +1 reflex, 1/day you force an opponent to reroll an attack roll against you. Its a nice benefit, especially on a crit, but since its 1/day its not too strong.
That's clever. I might use that for D&D.

For SW Saga, how about: +1 Reflex, and you may spend a Force Point to force a foe to re-roll an attack.

Gives non-Jedi something else cool to do with their Force Points. :)

Cheers, -- N

Dodge works great in SWSE if you revise it thusly: You can take a swift action to gain a +2 dodge bonus to your Reflex Defense against attacks from an opponent of your choice, for one round.

It's a neat way to use swift actions defensively and it makes Dodge flexible in a really appealing way. It also effectively captures the idea of taking a bit of effort to sidestep an attack.

Grunj

First Post
Kaffis said:
As was cheerfully pointed out to me yesterday, carbines have been errata'd to 3d6.

That change did not make it into the official errata. In the current errata, carbines do 3d8, but are considered inaccurate weapons, meaning they cannot be used at long range.

Kaffis

First Post
Grunj said:
That change did not make it into the official errata. In the current errata, carbines do 3d8, but are considered inaccurate weapons, meaning they cannot be used at long range.

Yeah, they waffled on that. It was official, and then changed back about four days later.

Aussiegamer

First Post
so they can not be used at long range????

...whats the range mod???...

So they work OK at short range and on going range but as soon as they hit long suddenly they are unable to hit anything no matter what you roll!

Kaffis

First Post
Aussiegamer said:
so they can not be used at long range????

...whats the range mod???...

So they work OK at short range and on going range but as soon as they hit long suddenly they are unable to hit anything no matter what you roll!

Yes. As carbines, they have a lesser maximum range than rifles. They top out at 150 squares (225 meters) vs. a rifle's 300 squares (450 meters).

It should be noted, though, that they are still well longer range than pistols, which top out at 80 squares (120 meters).

Remove ads