• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My town has been destroyed - gaming cancelled

Rabbitbait

Grog-nerd
It's been an interesting week. My town, Christchurch, New Zealand, was destroyed by an earthquake on Tuesday.

I'm one of the lucky ones - most of my family and friends are safe. I have power back on now, but for my gaming friends I don't think any of them have power or water.

We'd all love to game again, as it's a great stress release but the roads are simply unsafe - what used to be a 20 minute journey now takes up to 90 minutes due to the state of the roads. Plus the fact that it is difficult to get petrol.

No real point to this thread, call it self therapy - I just wanted to vent to people who would understand what its like to not be able to game when it would really be good for the mental health.

jonesy

A Wicked Kendragon
I was looking at the Christchurch quake map and thinking how crazy it must have been there. 65 separately measured quakes in one day. 4 of them over 5 magnitude.

Than

First Post
Seriously big amount of bad luck for you guys. I've seen it on the telly.

As far as the game, if you all still have access to broadband there's the online option, using a Play by post site or real time rpg hosting software.

There's PBP here, and I run a PBP website, should you want to carry on your game using Play by post, I could set up your group at http://www.pbpmap.com
If you are interested PM 'Than' there, it's all free and friendly.

Anyways hope your luck improves.

The sheer number quakes has me shaking my head in disbelief - there had to have been an oceanic volcano being born somewhere or other such natural phenomena. Awful, strictly awful.

DumbPaladin

First Post
I really hope your friends, and your entire town, get back to a semblance of normal life as quickly as possible.

Lots of people here are thinking about you!

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads