• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

My worlds and rules and help desired

Pelwrath

First Post
First I'll be using this thread to post rules and adventure situations from the adventures I amd currnetly running on PlaybyWeb, if any are interested in checking them out. First Ill start out that as a DM I am on the weak side in running encounters but fairly good at thinking up the encounter itself.
In one, just last week, I thought that I had the party. The situation was that three 8th clerical types, were chasing some giant ants and had decended into the nest. I figured that with 2' wide tunnels, they would be at a noticeable disadvantge in combat, -4AC & To hit at best perhaps even -8, per the DMG rules on restricting areas.
Now, one of the players is a dwarf barbarian/cleric and he argued that if the tunnel was that size, the ants being the same size as a human would suffer the same penalties. So I endd up making the tunnel 3' wide and that exempted the dwarf from the penalty. In the first chamber they anihilated the ants, who had no chance and the Spirt Naga that was with them. Now, playing mages isn't my strength, but I preped the Naga with Displacement, Shield of Faith, and Expiditious Reteat. It had a Amulet of +2 natural Armor and a Ring of Polymorph. It, per DMG description, slithered right up to the dwarf, bite him, gazed him and then died in two round sof combat.
So, my question is two fold. One, is was the rule about restrictice conditions applied properly and what coud I have done to better use the abilities of the giant ants and the Naga?

Last edited:

shilsen

Adventurer
Hi Pel, nice to see you here. It might be a good idea to add something to the title like "(Strategy and tactical help needed)". Otherwise, it sounds like you're just about to share some info about your campaign.

BTW, you forgot that my dwarf also had a Freedom of Movement up, which presumably helped.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads