• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[Myspace] "Worship"

wedgeski

Adventurer
dmccoy1693 said:
I'm betting this is directly relivent to whatever WotC is announcing this week. Specificly, that it is a re-release of an updated 1st ed AD&D (to compete with OSRIC, C&C and other 1st ed fantasy games).
I don't think betting on Wizards self-destructing the D&D brand is a wise idea. :p

dmccoy1693 said:
I'm betting this is directly relivent to whatever WotC is announcing this week. Specificly, that it is a re-release of an updated 1st ed AD&D (to compete with OSRIC, C&C and other 1st ed fantasy games).
Hmm, and KenzerCo's license to the old AD&D materials for Hackmaster is running out, so maybe WotC realizes there is money in those old materials.

Scribble

First Post
The only thing I could see Wizards doing as a "re-release" would be that they re-release the players and maybe the DM's guide... but that's it... Like a reprint as a collector's item, limited edition thing.

Are we at any year milestones or anything? We already passed 30 right?

Korgoth

First Post
dmccoy1693 said:
Everyone keeps saying that the market isn't right for a 4.0. Well there is a market for a 4th ed, if it is an updated version of 1.0. WotC could support both 3.5 and New1 at the same time.

I'd buy it, I'd play it, I'd promote it, I'd be a WOTC customer again.

[Tall Tale]
"If it ain't broke, don't fix it." - These words of power are known to sagely agronomists and others who subsist and flourish by the sweat of the brow and the yield of the land. But these words are hated by the dark brotherhood of the MBA, for they are their undoing. As a result, anyone who utters them in the halls of the Business Academy is taken away and never heard from again.
[/Tall Tale]

Scribble said:
The only thing I could see Wizards doing as a "re-release" would be that they re-release the players and maybe the DM's guide... but that's it... Like a reprint as a collector's item, limited edition thing.

Are we at any year milestones or anything? We already passed 30 right?
We are coming up on 30 years since the release of AD&D, the AD&D 1e PHB was released in 1978.

Do they really need to be reprinted though? It's not like they are hard to get. At used book stores or on eBay you can get most 1e hardbacks for about $10 each.

Scribble

First Post
wingsandsword said:
We are coming up on 30 years since the release of AD&D, the AD&D 1e PHB was released in 1978.

Do they really need to be reprinted though? It's not like they are hard to get. At used book stores or on eBay you can get most 1e hardbacks for about $10 each.

Shrug, I'm not saying that's what it is, or that it would be a good idea...

Just saying that's all I'd be willing to accept as far a s a "re-release" of 1e... Just a possible limited edition reprint of the 1e books... as a "collector's item."

Remove ads