• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Mystara 5th Edition Fan Made Supplement

Vwls

First Post
I really respect the amount of work that went into this. I've always wanted an updated Mystara as it was my first setting to DM and has a special place in my heart.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
To answer you questions in order:

Will look into the expertise.

In the background, Sidhe are the fey. That's why they get the large amount of bonus spells. They answer to King Oberron, becoming a warlock means they are double timing him and he'll know it.

<snip>
Let me know if you have any other feedback.

It's odd that they couldn't be fey loc's though. All you would need to do is say they have been selected by Oberron to be one of his agents and imbued with special abilities.

Also, the fiend and GOO pacts can be complete fluff as well. You could easily fluff both of them as different sects of agents of Oberron if you wanted to.

I can't wait to download this when I get home and take a good look. I never got to play in Mystara but I have fond memories of reading about it in dungeon and dragon magazines. Voyage of the Princess Ark was one of my favorite columns.

Edit: Have you thought about adding a heavy watermark to the pictures that need to be replaced? That way the casual observer knows what is there and what needs to be replaced. You may even get a few artists to volunteer to create a replacement image.

Last edited:

The Glen

Legend
It's odd that they couldn't be fey loc's though. All you would need to do is say they have been selected by Oberron to be one of his agents and imbued with special abilities.

Also, the fiend and GOO pacts can be complete fluff as well. You could easily fluff both of them as different sects of agents of Oberron if you wanted to.

I can't wait to download this when I get home and take a good look. I never got to play in Mystara but I have fond memories of reading about it in dungeon and dragon magazines. Voyage of the Princess Ark was one of my favorite columns.

Sidhe in Mystara are rather different than in other settings, they are much more powerful than normal. In the fluff they are a race of Immortals that split away from the other Immortals, making each one of them a sort of demigod, though a very low powered one. If you kill one they reincarnate in their original form back in the Good Kingdom, the Feywyld of Mystara. They generate their own magic, which is why they can never get it from another source. Their source of magic is inhuman. The Fey and the other Immortals have a stable peace, but they don't really care for each other.

Warlocks in Mystara required some dancing around with the words. Mechanically they are the same, but they don't have Great Old Ones or really Archfiends. What they do have is the Sphere of Entropy and Plane of Nightmares. King Oberon is the archfey naturally. So some new names, but that's all the changes. I did allow dwarves to get magic as a warlock, as they are inherently anti-magical except for cleric or druid.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Sidhe in Mystara are rather different than in other settings, they are much more powerful than normal. In the fluff they are a race of Immortals that split away from the other Immortals, making each one of them a sort of demigod, though a very low powered one. If you kill one they reincarnate in their original form back in the Good Kingdom, the Feywyld of Mystara. They generate their own magic, which is why they can never get it from another source. Their source of magic is inhuman. The Fey and the other Immortals have a stable peace, but they don't really care for each other.

Warlocks in Mystara required some dancing around with the words. Mechanically they are the same, but they don't have Great Old Ones or really Archfiends. What they do have is the Sphere of Entropy and Plane of Nightmares. King Oberon is the archfey naturally. So some new names, but that's all the changes. I did allow dwarves to get magic as a warlock, as they are inherently anti-magical except for cleric or druid.

Fair enough, and I'll freely admit that I'm not as familiar with the source material. But I am a fan of altering the fluff behind a class, which is all the pact is. What about saying that Sidhe taking the warlock class are actually just developing their natural powers and there is no pact involved? It's essentially just a different flavor of Sorcerer then.

The Glen

Legend
The Sidhe in Mystara, as well as all the fey races, are effectively natural sorcerers. That's why they generate their own spells, at the cost of extra damage from most weapons. If anything, you would be asking them to sponsor your warlock. Mystara doesn't do sorcery that much, I could only find two versions of it. Radiance which is a geographical feature that grants magic to those near it, and the wokani which are the animistic casters, but the sidhe can be part of.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads