• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mystery creature near San Antonio

Andrew D. Gable

First Post
OK, well just the fact that it was described as a blue dog and then looks like a dead, hairless fawn is suspect to me. 'Course, I'm suspect about the entire chupacabra "phenomenon", anyway. Like the Jersey Devil, the chupacabra is merely a convenient thing to pin all sorts of stuff on. After all, there's no set appearance for the creature...

Sunglar

Explorer
Puerto Rico’s own Mammalian Mangler

Ah, it warms my heart when one of our own native myths takes off in such a way. See, I’m from Puerto Rico, and the chupacabras has its origins in the island since the first 1995 attributed mutilations. True that these days they seem to have gone international, and they have been retroactively blamed for all sorts of mutilations, but (and I am ashamed to say this) we had a city mayor actually organize hunts for the creature back in the mid nineties. Fortean Times even had a t-shirt proclaiming it Puerto Rico’s Mammalian Mangler (or something close!) :p

For those that can read Spanish, see this site:

http://www.ctv.es/USERS/netcei/Papers33/PAP33A04.htm?refer=Dubina.com

It has a nice summary on the origins and facts of the critter. While I do not believe for a minute in the chupacabras, it has been a fun addition to all out other mythical creatures. Who would have thought an island so small would have so much weird stories?

Have fun,

Sunglar

Hand of Evil

Hero
Epic
With all the wild fires there are a number of animals that have been burned and that has changed their apperance, I think this is one of those.

Uzumaki

First Post
Gyeh. Cryptozoology usually doesn't bother, but the tales about los chupacabras always freak me out. But that think does look like a dead fawn or something. I made a scupture of a Pikachupacabra fusion once.

Uzumaki

First Post
I threw it away a while back. It was my first shot at sculpting... anything, and it looked pretty dumb except for the head. I still have a whole bunch of scupley laying around, though, so I guess I could make another.

Sunglar

Explorer
I second the motion… I want to see the Pikachupacabra, so get sculpting.

On a side note, back when the chupacabras thing started here in the island you could find t-shirts with a cute little grey, with spines and wings, bloodsucker.

Hasta luego,

Sunglar

Remove ads