• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mystra based class/prestige class

Nifft

Penguin Herder
0bsolete said:
I'm sorry, let me elaborate. I was looking for an arcane-only full or near-full spellcating class which has a relation to Mystra of some type. Or if not that, the closest I can get to it. I did do a google search though.
Ah, gotcha. I think most of her PrCs have had some Divine prereqs, but there were at least a few which were also Arcane ... Hathran, maybe? Blue Moon Knight? Definite Divine requirements there though.

What aspects of her portfolio were you looking to specialize in as an arcanist?

Cheers, -- N

0bsolete

First Post
Well, the concept I have in mind is basically a devote follower of Mystra who believes that using divine magic instead of arcane is a personal affront to Mystra and therefore, unless unavoidable, goes out of his way to stay away from it. (still takes healing from a cleric if its all thats there, etc but he prefers not to) Basically the type who praises Mystra for ever successful spell cast.

Nifft

Penguin Herder
That's cool, but it sounds like a behavior rather than an ability -- in other words, something you could easily do with a regular Wizard (or Sorcerer ... or both with Ultimate Magus).

Why do you feel you need a prestige class? As in, what's the Wizard missing?

Cheers, -- N

shalaqua

First Post
Mystra Prestige Class

Dweomerkeeper from Faiths and Pantheons, although it does have some divine requirements as well. But would that really count as it also came direct from Mystra.

The Ultimate Magus fromm Complete Mage combines Wizard and Sorcerer and has some neat synergies.

Just a couple of sugestions

ShaggySpellsword

First Post
Because Mystra's the goddes of all MAGIC, not just Arcane Magic, you'll have a hard time finding pure Mystra Arcane classes (though an Arcane Disciple of Mystra should certainly do it for you if you don't mind having divine Mystra-granted abilities).

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads