• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Mythic Fantasy Campaign, needs player/playtesters

Hi.
I've been developing a mythic fantasy setting for the past few months, and the time has come to begin a game with it. I'm applying a few rules tweaks, so I'd like players who are willing to comment on mechanics.

Here's the call I sent out to the Planescape mailing list:

One thousand years ago, during the Skinchanger War, the goddess Moana took flesh in the body of Her priestess, Ereshta Tide-of-Blood. In a day and a night, She walked around the borders of the demon wasteland, Kuei-tzu Mu, and laid upon it a magic that was later named Moana's Decree. Blazing scarlet and blue, She declared that any skinchanger outside of that land would be visited by a plague and all the plagues of his brethren. So saying, She placed Her mouth to a spider demon's lips and sucked the breath from his body, and the legions of abominations standing before Her died, choking, in one terrible instant.

---

Looking for something that's not your grandmother's swords-and-sorcery fantasy? Torchbearer is a game about mythic heroes in a mythic land, filled with gods, demons, and more terrible things. The game uses a variant of the D&D3e system, and characters will advance as the story progresses, through a mixture of combat and roleplaying challenges.

Rules: Variant 3e (several classes are modified, one is unavailable, slightly different races.)

Starting Level: 1st

Style: As the quote above (hopefully) illustrates, this game will be about storytelling. Adventures will start small-scale, but given time will escalate into mythic proportions.

Posting Frequency: 1 "official" in-character GM post a week, and whatever OOC posting is necessary.

If you're interested, drop me a line, or just reply to this thread. If you want to check out the campaign website, it's here: http://www.geocities.com/torchbearer_rpg/index.html

Last edited:

Remove ads