• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nakatura Valley game thread

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim, though surprised by the incongruity of the ill-mannered kor speaking the words of the Prophet, reassesses the woodsman. With a slight nod of acknowledgment and a smile he answers with a quote of his own,
" 'The land is filled with gloom and the pastures with violence.
Let not the oppressed cower in defeat, let them praise the name of their deliverer.
Arise, defend your cause!' "

His smile turns into a good-natured grin of challenge and he raises one brow in question. "Will you join us, friend?"

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen rises from the shadows, there was no need for him to be hidden anymore. "I am the only thing that remains hidden in this place." He steps closer to the campfire, his spear gripped tightly in his hand, but held behind his back. "If you wish to explore further, you may and I will not stop you. I would suggest rest while you can." Sen adjusts his dark blue clothing, putting away his mask and hood. "My name is Sen. My apologizes, for now that is all I can offer you."

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Jumpin' jingasa, boy! Damn near frightened the life outta me!" squawks Chen, "Whatcha think yer doin' hidin' away there!? Crazy kid..." he grumbles.

mfrench

First Post
Quon seems unmoved by Sen: "There has been a feeling of unease in this place for hours. I do not believe that it was your presence that was bothering me. I am determined to continue. We have not even seen this entire cavern: it extends well beyond the reach of our firelight. Perhaps hidden things wait on the other side? I'd rather not find out at their leisure, while we rest."

His wife finally breaks her uneasy silence: "You must remain and protect your family. Won't some of you others join in and take his place?"

The shifters were slightly shocked by the re-emergence of Sen, but all-in-all seem to be enjoying this as tremendous theater*. They are eating too heartily to be included in the search.

The kor smiles at Kerim and Quon's invitations, but responds, "Sorry friends, but I don't need to arise to defend my cause -- I'm sitting on it!" He motions to the wood pile on which he sits.

* OOC: I understand that for some of you, it may be known as 'theatre'. I hope this doesn't cause any confusion ;)

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"Eesh, y'all are mighty jumpy. C'mon then, let's get goin'! He who hesitates is lost, sayeth the sage..." and with that the old man strides quickly albeit with some muttering about 'joints' into the further reaches of the cavern.

GlassEye

Adventurer
Kerim laughs aloud at the kor's reply then nods in greeting to Sen. "Ah! I am glad you are joining us, Sen." He begins to speak to Master Quon but notices that Master Chen is striding deeper into the cavern. Quickly he grabs a brand from the fire to serve as a torch and heads off after the old man.

OnlytheStrong

Explorer
Sen nods at Kerims greeting. He rushes up to Master Chen and taps him on the shoulder. "Perhaps you would give me the honor of leading old one?" he asks with a low bow.

Arkhandus

First Post
Otaru Shenga

"Well, that was....unusual." Otaru mutters as the hidden youth emerges, then starts volunteering to help, and even the old man. Otaru rushes to keep up with Kerim and keep watch over the old man. 'It wouldn't do for the old fellow to be attacked in the dark just because us young folks wasted time!' he thinks.

Otaru draws the bundle of ofuda out from his obi and keeps it in his left hand, drawing confidence from the prayers written within.

Lorthanoth

Explorer
"What's that you say, boy? Honour of bleeding? Well, no doubt, you'll do plenty o' that if I read yer profession rightly. Trust me, son; I've been doing this since before you slurped bean curd."

He stops and then blinks, "But some sorta light would be handy."

Remove ads