• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name Five Things You've Done That Others Probably Have Not

Kid Charlemagne

I am the Very Model of a Modern Moderator
1. Played the role of a Russian child while dubbing a Russian film into English while living in France.

2. Either shot or did the audio for videos involving Martha Stewart, Bob Vila, Regis Philbin, and many others.

3. Flown on Iran Air right before the Shah was deposed. The return flight was understandably cancelled. They served pistachios instead of peanuts. Yum.

4. Had the son of the Kuwaiti ambassador to France come to my 10th birthday party.

5. Thrown a no-hitter in stickball.

Xath

Moder-gator
1) Met Mel Brooks and Carl Reiner at the signing of the 2000 Year Old Man. And I got both of their autographs and photos with them. I think I was 10.
2) I played in my high school Steel Drum Band.
3) I've watched an entire season of Star Trek TNG in a 36 hour timespan.
4) I was born on July 5, 1985.
5) I visited the set of "Homocide: Life on the Street" several times while it was still being made.

drose25

Explorer
die_kluge said:
You're going to have to elaborate on that one. Are you posting from prison?

I hope for your sake that you're female.

It was at a wedding in Houston. Fortunately, he was not a president at the time. And no, I'm not female and the quarterback had (still does, afaik) serious issues.

jrients

First Post
1. Repossessed cars and foreclosed on homes for a bank.
2. Nearly ran over the governor of my state because he was standing between me and my supper. I was hungry and I didn't immediately recognize him.
3. Got my picture in the town newspaper for sending Ronald Reagan a get well card back when he was shot.
4. Presided at the initiation ceremony of new Knight Templar.
5. Got so lost once that I was uncertain which state, of a possible three, I was in.

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
1. Was invited by a policeman guarding the seat of my government to throw a snowball at him when I was little.

2. Decided to become a vegetarian when I was, like, 6 and stayed true to it ever since.

3. Chatted with the brother of a (domestic) terrorist, who apparently is a radical political activist himself. Though I didn't realize who he was until much later, nor did I ever see him again.

4. Got the maitre'd at a highest-class restaurant to believe I'm nobility and treat me accordingly. (Though I didn't eat there; I was just looking for someone.)

5. I'd tell you, but it's complicated. (It involves Norse gods, in a way, the Austrian Communist Party, and Kurdish separatist rebels. Yes, seriously.)

Khayman

First Post
1. Eaten raw caribou.
2. Sorted bags of evidence (don't ask) in 110 degree heat while wearing a Tyvek suit.
3. Had a hawk land on my head.
4. Drank shooters of Buckley's Mixture and gin.
5. Seen a guy with no eye. No glass eye, not even a patch. Yuck.

As to Close Encounters of the Bear Kind, I once warded off a bear with a hockey stick. Another bear once ate my copy of Vilani & Vargr: The Coreward Races. I hate bears.

I'm forgetting a few things, but I blame that on the Buckley's & gin.

Last edited:

Mercule

Adventurer
Lessee:
  1. Raised, killed, cleaned, and cooked many scores of chickens. It was an annual family gathering.
  2. Shovelled manuer out of a large horse shed.
  3. Spoken in front of a crowd of 750-1000 people at a political convention.
  4. Dated a model.
  5. Scored in the top .2% on an IQ test (144 on the test I took, but closer to 160 on the one typically used for the upper ranges).
  6. Drank a bottle of Southern Comfort in 15 minutes -- without throwing up, losing conciousness, etc.
  7. Won 2nd place at the state forensics (again, speech) competion in Student Congress.
  8. Judged competitive forensics events.
  9. Petted a wild buffalo.

Ferret

Explorer
1. Fell for the kink-in-a-hose trick
2. Drank some oil. Cold deep-fat frier oil. Without vomiting.
3. Subjected to nearly ever form of playground torture (horse bites/zombie bites etc) withough flinching/wincing once
4. Asked for advice by my head teacher when I was about 8.
5. Created a false 5th thing I've done that no one else has.

I mean I'm only 16 what do you expect?

Last edited:

Darkness

Hand and Eye of Piratecat [Moderator]
6. A childhood friend of mine was the girlfriend of Austria's worst serial killer. He fled to Florida with her, where she apparently worked as a stripper so they had money. (She was young, naíve and didn't believe he was guilty, I think.)
American police caught them after a while and he was extradited to Austria, went to jail and hung himself in his cell a few years later.

At the time, we were all pretty scared he'd hurt her but fortunately he didn't.

7. I once shook the hand of Vienna's mayor (at the time) - which he lost a few years later to a letter bomb.

Remove ads