• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Name this Feat

Nifft

Penguin Herder
The reason I picked "Ambush Mastery" is that it shouldn't matter which side of the ambush you are on -- you're not surprised if you ambush someone else, and this feat is VERY useful in that circumstance.

So, whatever name you pick, make sure it works for ambushers as well as ambushees. "Reprisal"? Not so much. :)

Cheers, -- N

Dei

First Post
A lot of your names seem to suggest that you think it will allow someone who has been ambushed to act in the surprise round, hence names like reprisal, ever ready, etc. That's not the benefit he described, the OP described being able to use a full round's worth of actions rather than just the normal surprise round allowance. Thus I'd suggest something that implies a mastery of springing ambushes:

Sudden Assault
You are so practised at striking at unsuspecting enemies you are able to make full use of their ill-preparedness.
Strike while the Iron is Hot
You know how to maximise your starting advantage in battle.
Startling Ambush
When you spring a trap you do it with such devestating speed that the enemy cannot react.
Boo!
When you launch an attack your tactics and speed put them immediately at a disadvantage.

Hope these help, peace out

Nifft

Penguin Herder
Dei said:
A lot of your names seem to suggest that you think it will allow someone who has been ambushed to act in the surprise round, hence names like reprisal, ever ready, etc. That's not the benefit he described

Yup, see my post above. :) The effect described applies to BOTH the ambusher and the ambushee (with a good Spot or Listen check).

-- N

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads