• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Naming Fourth Edition

Khuxan

First Post
There's been a lot of complaints about the names used in Fourth Edition - stuff like Feywild, Dragonborn, Shadow Fell and Eladrin. My question to those that don't like the names is: what names do you like? How should game designers come up with new fantasy names?

How would you name:
A wild, faerie plane?
The descendents of dragons?
The plane where dead souls go?
The fey inhabitants of the Feywild?

Irda Ranger

First Post
Khuxan said:
There's been a lot of complaints about the names used in Fourth Edition - stuff like Feywild, Dragonborn, Shadow Fell and Eladrin. My question to those that don't like the names is: what names do you like? How should game designers come up with new fantasy names?
Shadowfell is one word, not two; and I like it.

I may rename Dragonborn, but I don't dislike it. I like most of the names actually, with the exception of those horrible wizarding philosophies. Emerald Frost. shudder

BASHMAN

Basic Action Games
Khuxan said:

How would you name:
A wild, faerie plane?
The descendents of dragons?
The plane where dead souls go?
The fey inhabitants of the Feywild?

Arcadia
Drakken, Drakes, Dragon-Kin,
The Hereafter, the great beyond, the netherworld
Sidhe

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads